Chapter 13

"Fuck! How is he so clever?" Rohit shouted in frustration.
"Calm down, Ro. We-"
"Virat! The wedding is after tomorrow! We don't have time. What can we do now?" Rohit was speaking until he stopped because of the sudden appearance of someone. They were outside as the music was too loud inside.

"Shubman? How are you here?" Rahul asked.
"If you guys really wanna stop this wedding then I've something that can help you all very much" Shubman pushed Karthik ahead who's eyes were already red because of crying.
"Karthik, are you okay?" Rohit asked.
"He is okay, bhai. This might be a lil shocking but Karthik loves-" Shubman was about to tell everything but he saw Jugnu coming towards them. He was talking to someone on his phone. Shubman pushed everyone to other side so that Jugnu won't see them.

"What are you doing, Shub?" Mayank asked.
"Stup up, will you?"

Jugnu left sooner then Shubman explained everything to them. They agreed to do something for Karthik too. They talked for some time and went to their respective rooms later.

"Abhi?" Mayank asked sitting on the bed looking at the other who was standing in front of him.
"Hmm" Abhishek said texting someone.
"Can you even hear me?"
"I can, Mayu" Abhishek rested his head on Mayank's lap but not giving a look to him.
"Who's that girl whom you always talk to nonstop?"
"You mean Nisha... Why? Are you jealous?" Abhishek asked with a smirk.
"Kuch bhi. I just wanted to know if my friend got a girlfriend"
"Girlfriend? Well, yes she is"

Mayank pushed Abhishek as he fell on the floor. Mayank wasn't bothered enough to help the other to get up.

"Arey sorry. I didn't mean that. She isn't my girlfriend, she is my cousin, Nisha" Abhishek said rubbing his back that got hit.
"Really? I'm sorry I pushed you and you got hurt"
"It's okay but why did you push me? Jealousy..." Abhishek teased him. Mayank slept without saying anything.

"Why can't you see it in my eyes? Why don't you feel it?" Abhishek said loud enough so that Mayank can hear him.

"What did you say?" Mayank asked not believing what did he just hear.
"You were jealous. Don't lie this time"
"I was never jealous. It's your life, man. I'll never try to interfere in it"
"Then look into my eyes and say that you weren't jealous"

Mayank felt something. He couldn't meet Abhishek's eyes. He knew he can't escape this time.

"Why are you looking everywhere but my eyes?" Abhishek lifted Mayank's face, both looking deep in each other's eyes.
"I... umm"

Voice was stuck in Mayank's mouth. He couldn't speak as he had no will to lie again.

"Fuck Mayank. Say it already that you love me"

Without wasting a second, they were in each other's tight embrace.

"I've loved you since the day we met" Mayank said.
"Still you didn't say anything to me. You don't love me" Abhishek pulled himself from the hug.
"It's not like that. I was scared of getting rejected but now, you're mine" said Mayank giving a peck on Abhishek's cheeks.
"Before we do something, let's focus on what we were doing" Abhishek said.
"You mean those 2 monkeys? How can I forget them? We've Karthik in our team too. He'll help us a lot because the only obstacle is that firefly"

Finally it was the day before wedding which means only chaos wherever you go. Most of the workers were decorating the altar while the ICT boys were busy dancing on desi songs.

Ishan was alone on the terrace, loving the cold breeze and smiling at his mom who was dancing with Shubman's mom. Suddenly he felt the presence of someone.

"Ishu, what are you doing here all alone?" Shubman asked coming towards him.
"All were busy and I had no mood of dancing with them so I came here"
"Let's run away"
"You know what. Stay away from me until you're married with her. We weren't meant to be, Shubman Gill" Ishan shouted at other.
"You're taking out your rage on me because Jugnu said that to you. Why don't you understand I can love no one else except you. Why do you have to listen to him?"
"I don't care about Jugnu or my career. I care about your parents especially your mother. Look how happy she is right now" said Ishan pointing at Shubman's mother who was in the garden and dancing as said before.
"I don't care"
"Leave now! Or else I'll leave"
"Ishan-"
"She loves you so much. Go back, don't let a single tear fall from her eyes. I don't want to hurt her as well"
"But I love you. I can never love anyone else"
"I said LEAVE"

Ishan pushed Shubman with all his strength and ran towards the stairs. Shubman turned back but till then, Ishan disappeared.

Pallavi was in her room, not knowing what to do now. She still loves Karthik and seeing him as her wedding organizer was killing her internally. But there was nothing in favour. After all, she was a human too who had a dream of making a small family with Karthik.

"Pallavi" Ritika said from behind.
"Yes, bhabhi?"
"See who's here for you" Anushka said and pulled a guy who was standing near the door.
"I'm sorry. They forced me to come here" Karthik said in a low tone.
"Why bhabhi? What did he do?" Pallavi asked being surprised.
"We know that you both still love each other. Don't you?" Ritika asked trying to make them confess.
"No" Both said at the same time.
"Really? We thought that you both can a talk little for now, privately but there's no need now. Let's go now Karthik" Anushka said but Karthik stopped her.
"Bhabhi, I wouldn't mind talking to her for a while"
"Sure things! We won't interrupt. We're waiting outside" Both the women stepped outside and let the couple talk alone.

"I know that you're not happy with this wedding" said Karthik, firmly holding Pallavi's hand.
"How do you have the strength to organize your own lover's wedding? I could never..."
"This is all I can do for you, love"
"I want you only. Though I'm marrying Shub, it doesn't mean my love for you will decrease. It can never. I'll love you more and more everyday" Pallavi said with a smile that held only sadness and pain.

While the two women were waiting outside, Shubman came too. He was about to enter but was stopped by others.

"Arey ruko! What happened?" Asked Anushka.
"Bhabhi I've to tell her something really important. Let me go"
"You can't. She is talking to Karthik" said Ritika.
"Uska wala usse baat kar raha hai then mera wala kyu nahi?" Shubman said hitting the wall.
"Stop! Batao to sahi hua kya hai" asked Anushka.
"Bhabhi, Ishan doesn't even wanna see my face after that Jugnu said some shitty things to him. What should I do? I've only tomorrow then naa aap kuch kar paoge naa main"
"Negative side ye hai that we have only 24 hours but the positive side is that we still have 24 hours. Why would you focus on negative side when you've positive side as well" said Karthik opening the door with Pallavi.

It was night already right ht now. All were together except Jugnu and Ishan. Now that even Karthik had agreed to be a part of their plan then it became even easier for them to end this wedding.

"I've noticed one thing that Shubman and Karthik have the same height and body type. Even the skin tone is similar so what if we let Karthik wear the groom's sherwani? His face will covered by the sehra" Rohit said which made sense to them. Karthik nodded to do this.
"What if they found out that it's me behind the sehra not Shubman?" Asked Karthik being nervous.
"Kisi ko pata nahi chalega. Groomsmen humlog mein se hi koi rahega to don't worry" Virat explained.
"But Jugnu said that he'll be one of the groomsmen too" Shubman said.
"Wo rahega tab to" said Rohit that scared others.
"Are you going to kill him?" Asked Ritika.
"No! I mean when he'll enter his room to get ready, we'll simply lock the door. Once the wedding is done uske baad to uska baap bhi kuch nahi ukhar payega"
"And mera kya?" Shubman asked with a sad expression.
"Tu Ishan ko leke bhaag jayega. Bas! If you'll need help then it's okay. Shreyas aur Rishu kar denge wo kaam. Waise bhi in logo ko koi kaam hai nahi"
"Bhaag jaunga? Without telling my parents? I can't do that"
"Arey Ishan chaiye ki nahi!?" Abhishek asked hitting him.
"Chaiye to"
"Then? Muh band rakh"
"Mere bhai ka khayal rakhna" said Raj from a side.
"Bhaiya aap to aise bol kar paraya kar rahe ho" Shubman said hugging Raj.

They decided to sleep once they were done with their masti-mazak. They had a lot of things to do next morning.

So your authoress has decided to update once after every two days. I'll be having summer holidays soon. I want to spend some time with family going to a beach so I might not be able to update. Don't forget to vote!