Chapter 12

*Flashback*

Ishan knew that Jugnu is going to speak some shit again. He was ready for that.

"So... How many times do I have to tell you that stay away from him? I don't wanna say this but how gross you are huh? Using somebody for your sexual needs. Especially when that person is your own best friend then it feels shameful. I know many people ship you both but this cannot happen in real. A man cannot love a man. Like be serious, why are you doing this? Can't see 2 old people enjoying their son's marriage? If you don't stop then I'm sorry but I'll have to complain to the BCCI, Ishan Kishan!"

Ishan didn't say anything. He just listened to him until he stopped. He was used to it now, it doesn't hurt him anymore but Jugnu was crossing his limits. Jugnu was affecting his mental health as Ishan started thinking that whatever Jugnu said was right.

"I know... I've nothing of my own. Probably I got such hype because I'm... Because I'm Shubman Gill's best friend. Apart from that, I'm nothing. Just a reserve player in matches or a water boy" Ishan said looking down holding back his tears.
"I know you love him but can't you sacrifice something for him? Is your love for him that weak? Please leave him and his family or else they'll never ever forgive you"

Ishan nodded and came outside. He sat down, all the things he was told was echoing in his mind. He started hating himself even more for being like that.

*End of the flashback*

Jugnu spoke the truth, hesitating in the middle of every sentence because of the deadly look on Shubman's face was scaring him a lot. Once he was done telling the whole story, Shubman was about to slap him but stopped.

"Why did you do that? Why.." Shubman's voice broke. "He is just an innocent soul, trying to ignore all this negativity in his life but you... You killed him from inside"
"I'm.. I'm sorry I-"
"Your sorry won't help" Shubman got up wipping his tears and walked towards the door.
"Shubman, I really didn't mean to do that but I didn't have any options"
"Shut up Jugnu" Shubman walked forward and closed the door.

"Agh... I can never let that bastard be with you. I can't lose my job" Jugnu said massaging his head.

Shubman was standing infront of the elevator, waiting for it until he heard someone from behind.

"Shub tu ready naji hua? Chal sangeet ka waqt hogaya hai then mehendi bhi to hai" said Raj getting in the elevator with him.
"Are aap kab aaye bhaiya?" Shubman asked as he knew that Ishan's family were to be there at any moment.
"Aaj hi aaya. Mummy aur papa bhi aaye hai but they are busy with Ishu"

Shubman got ready for Sangeet ceremony. He was getting his makeup done when Pallavi came.

"Hey! You're looking handsome" She said munching on something.
"You're looking so beautiful as well. What are you eating?" He asked.
"I was hungry and couldn't find anything so chane... Want some?"
"Nahi nahi you can enjoy"
"Fine, let's meet downstairs okay. I'll be there waiting for you" She gave a flying kiss and left.
"Ye ladki..." Shubman said sighing in embarassment.

Someone knocked at the door. It was Mayank.

"Be ready for a big surprise buddy" he whispered patting Shubman's shoulder.
"What?"
"Umm... You're already looking good enough to kill million girls. Come with me" Mayank said pulling Shubman.
"Can I?" Shubman asked the makeup artist.
"Sure sir... It's done"
"Good, now come" Mayank took him near the elevator.
"Why are we here Mayu?" Shubman asked being pissed off.
"I'm leaving okay. Wait till the elevator stops" He said and ran away. Shubman looked back at Mayank, shaking his head in disappointment and then looks at the elevator. The elevator opened showing him the glimpse of an angel fixing his hair. Shubman was frozen on his feet, looking at other's diamond like shining eyes and rose like red lips.