Chapter 10| But wait! There's more (abuse)!

tw: abuse, drinking, death, blood, 

Michael and Y/N walked to the cafeteria swerving and maneuvering around crowds of kids. The acey's were giving them murderous looks the entire time, but Y/N didn't care. Stacey, their 'leader', kept eyeing Micheal and it didn't sit quite right with Y/N.

"Heyyy! Look! It's the badass girl from the second period!" A short kid pointed at Y/N and everyone started giving her high-fives or fistbumps. The attention made her uncomfortable. "Heh, thanks. Gotta get going!" She started walking faster, grabbing onto Michael's arm, but A kid held her back. "Wait! We're having a party for the start of the school year tonight. Wanna come?" Michael interrupted before she could say something. "Yeah! We'll be there!" Y/N wasn't really a partier, but maybe she would be in the mood later.

They found a small table in the back to sit at but as soon as she did, kids started piling on the table too. Everyone was calling Y/N's name. It made her quest, over-stimulated, and overwhelmed. Michael noticed how bothered she was and helped her escape the crows of hyenas. They headed down the hall to the gym. "You alright?" Michael asked. "Yeah, I'm fine... just a bit overwhelmed." Michael smiled softly and awkwardly pulled her into a hug.

They finished lunch there and headed to the fourth period.

(the rest of the day is uneventful and I'm lazy sooo yeah time skip to when William picks Y/N and Michael up)

Y/N couldn't find Michael in the courtyard so she went ahead to WIlliam's car. It was noticeable because It had a deep purple color. Matched William's theme. She opened the door cautiously because it wasn't her car and Evan and Liz both exclaimed, "Y/N!" Liz rushed to give her a hug and Evan fist-bumped her while smiling widely. "Guess what! I had no nightmares last night!" Y/N smiled brightly. "That's amazing buddy!" 

"Y/N, love, I have to drop you off at your house to talk to Dave and you may get your stuff while we are there, okay?" She nodded and got into the car, Michael running behind her.

Y/N's POV

I started shaking slightly when William said I had to go home. Sure, dad's been a jerk, but he's never hit me. I didn't want to go back, even for a little bit. He scared me, and I had no mom to protect me. Chris was silent in the very back of the car. "He wanted to be back there," Liz whispered. "I wanted to sit with him but he said no..." She sighed. I said hi to Chris and he didn't respond. I should probably leave him alone. 

William pulled up to the house and parked. Chris, Evan, Liz, Michael, and I all filed out of the car. Chris was trying not to cry, it was obvious. He went from so happy to so sad...

My dad came out the door and Chris' eyes widened and he hid behind Liz. I started shaking more and Michael stood closer to me. "It'll be alright," He whispered. Dave innocently walked up and hugged me. My entire body went stiff. "Ah hello Y/N! How was school?" William didn't know what was happening and why I looked uncomfortable. "Fine." Was all I said. William gestured for the kids to go inside.

Chris ran to his room, locking the door. It made me so sad to see him like this. I loved him so much and it's not normal for a kid his age to act like a depressed teenager. "Y/N, my dad started asking questions. I need to tell him what's going on when you're ready, of course. I sighed. I would rather tell William than have to stay here. I nodded, not saying a word. 

I went upstairs to pack more while carelessly throwing everything in a suitcase. William didn't have legal guardianship over me so dad could take me back. The thought horrified me. 

Michael knocked on my door even though it was wide open. "Hey. You done?" 

"Yeah."

"I'll help carry stuff."

"Do you know where the party is?"

"Yeah! I'll just take my dad's car when he's asleep."

"You can do that?! When does it even start?"

"11."

"11?!"

He laughed as he took the suitcases downstairs. Chris wasn't in his room anymore.

I heard murmurs outside the front door and pressed my ear to it. "...He'll stay for a bit longer. Y/N can go with you though." Her father's voice. Without even realizing it, I was crying. Michael dropped the suitcases and came over to me. "Hey! Are you good? What's wrong?" I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Chris can't come."

"Oh."

back to 3rd person POV!

Y/N and Michael had been in his room watching a movie for a while now. She was more relaxed, though not completely. 

Chris wasn't.

He kept seeing visions. Of animatronics, of his father, and dead children. His father had been hitting him, yelling at him, and all around mistreating him. 

He had dark purple bruises on his arms and legs that stung every time he moved. His scalp itched with pain from the torn-out hair and glass shards hidden by the thick head of hair he had. He had been locked in the cold and wet basement for hours on end and deprived of any food, water, or sleep. His throat ached from screaming for Y/N. All in one day of being alone.

Chris decided enough was enough and commenced a plan. He would run upstairs and call the cops. He grew sweaty and queasy from being nervous.

He darted up the creaky stairs and smashed the lock with the mettle bat that had been abandoned in the basement for Lord knows how long. His father was drunk and passed out of the couch clutching to beer bottles and packs of cigarettes not too far from his resting place. 

Chris wasted no more time and rushed to the family phone dialing the number. 

pick up the phone

deep breath

9

1...

then snatch. Chris' father slammed the phone on Chris' hand and Chris yelped out of surprise. "What do you think you're doing?!" 

"Leave me alone! Leave me alone!" Chris sobbed while pounding his weak fists into dave's torso. "Shut up kid, you talk too much..." Dave picked up Chris and threw him on a kitchen counter. "Maybe if you just...stopped talking... you would be less of a nuisance." Dave picked up a small pocket knife from his pocket and pinned Chris to the counter. "No no no no! Please! I'm sorry!" Chris gasped for breath and his throat felt like it was squeezing shut from all of the screaming. Chris lashed violently as the blade carved into his arms. Sloppy abstract lines were being carved on his soft skin. Blood trailed on his body, the counter, dave, and the floor. "How about that?" Dave spit on the child while satisfyingly washing the knife in the sink. 

Chris lay there, gentle and still. No movement. Was he dead? Probably. 

well that was gruesomeeee

I'm so dead if my parents ever see I have a wattpad account and read this chapter... 🥲 so uh yeah