Chapter Seven

Percy and I sat down on the bench near the court because the others wanted to play.

"So what was up with Annabeth?" I ask.

"Oh..."

He goes through this whole story on how Annabeth and Vincent decided that they wanted to be together, and obviously Percy was holding them back to do it. Apparently they've wanted this since Vincent came to camp, which is a dick move on her part. 

"I'm sorry Percy, she should have told you about Vincent."

"Spencer it's fine. I'm kind of over it now anyway." Complete lie, I can see right through him. 

"Okay good. Forget about her, she's a complete bitch anyway. Never liked her." He laughs and thanks me, to which I grin at.

"Spencer!" Connor yells.

"What do you want?" I reply. I'm glad I can be my own sarcastic, bitchy self here. Any other place and any other people would absolutely not be friends with me. 

"Come play volleyball with us!" He yells again as Kelly pulls on my arm.

"Yeah Spence!"

"Nah guys it's alright. I suck ass at sports" I refuse.

"Then at least ref because Conner keeps cheating." Kelly whines. I agree, but hesitantly.

"Connor switch teams with Rory. Rory are you okay with that?" Now, Kelly and Connor are on the same team and she won't care if he cheats. All is well.

"Yeah. I'm fine with it." Rory said walking to the other side of the court, high-fiving Adam and Matt.

The conch shell eventually went off, which Chiron told me signals dinner, and the satyrs ran off immediately, probably eager to eat, as am I. Reffing a sport you know nothing about is hard.

Fione came up beside Rory and they went off, along with Aaron and Matt. The others headed off by themselves or with their sibling, leaving Percy and me.

"Can I escort you to dinner Ms. Smith?" Percy asks in a fancy voice, offering me his arm.

"Of course Mr. Jackson, I would be delighted to have you escort me." I laugh, linking our arms together.

He laughs as I started to skip towards the dining pavilion, dragging him along with me, asking if he was related to the Miss Jackson that Panic! At the Disco sings about. 

(~*~)

When we arrived, we separated and went to our designated tables.

I follow my cabin up to a burner where people are scraping some of their food into the fire things like the freshest fruit, plumpest piece of chicken.

I look at my plate. I got apples with cheese, a grilled cheese sandwich, and carrots with ranch dipping.

Deciding I was going to put some apples and carrots in the fire, I walked up to the burner.

"Say who it's for." Rory said.

"Um, I guess our father, Apollo." I say throwing the food in as a bright and sparkly breeze hit me.

I walked with Rory and Fione back to the Apollo table.

Picking up an apple slice and placing a piece if cheese on it, I turned to everyone else. They were all absorbed in their own conversations, or shoveling food into their faces. For some odd reason, I smile to myself. I finally have a proper family.

I was on my way back to my cabin when I saw Percy through the window of his cabin. His head was between his hands and his hair was sticking up in more places than usual.

"Percy are you okay?" I ask, leaning on the window frame and poking my head into the cabin.

"Not really." Was his curt reply.

"Aw," I decide to invite myself into the cabin via the window and sit next to him on a little bench they had in their cabin. "You wanna tell me about it?" I ask.

"I saw Annabeth and Vincent kissing. I know she already told me and everything, it just, hurts. I was with her for a while."

"Aw Percy I'm sorry." I'm not really sure what else you're supposed to say in this situation. 

"No, no it's not your fault. Really. It's fine."

"No it's not. I know how break-ups are. They're hard." I've honestly never had a boyfriend all my life, which is embarrassing considering I'm 16, but we'll pretend.

"No offense, but have you ever had a boyfriend?" He says, laughing a bit. I guess he's seen through my lie then.

"Absolutely not. There are such things as chick-flicks though."

He laughs, a little color coming back to his face.

"Hey, um Spence?"

"Yeah Perce?"

He takes my hand and stands up.

"Percy what are you-"

He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey y'all! Don't forget to vote and comment. It helps me bunches!!

Xx Emily