Chapter Five

"Leave her be until she wakes up, Percy."

"No, I'm going to stay here."

"Okay,okay, I'm going to go talk to Vincent." The sound of a door closing follows the voice, and my eyelids flutter.

"Percy?" I speak up, my voice quiet and my mouth dry

"Hold that thought, I am going to go get Chiron, drink that." He points to a glass of clearish golden liquid on the table next to the bed I was sat on. 

I decide to try it, only to find that it tastes like half-baked gooey brownies, my favorite thing on this planet earth if I'm honest. When Percy returns with Chiron, I'm happily sucking the drink through the straw, which is a twisty straw, by the way. Camp half-Blood knows how to do this shit.

"Spencer, are you feeling alright?" Chiron asked.

I nod, and take another drink, almost finishing off the last of it, "What is this? Because it tastes like gooey brownies and it's pretty much the best thing ever." 

"It's called nectar," Percy answers. "It helps heal you so that you're all better to get right back up. Drink of the gods."

I nod again and Chiron starts telling me about my camp activities I'm supposed to do throughout the summer. Archery, rock climbing, canoeing, area fighting. You know, your basic camp activities. He also gave me the standard, 'betting on how long I could hold my breath was dangerous, dont do it again talk.' Once he was done with that, he left Percy and I alone.

"Thanks for acting so quickly, I know that me being completely reckless ruined your day on the beach with Annabeth." I apologize.

"Honestly, you didn't ruin anything. In fact, you kind of saved me. Annabeth and I were fighting a bit and it was about to get out of control. And I'm really glad you're okay." he replied with a small smile

"Well, thanks again, I should go. I hope everything works out well with you and Annabeth. You guys are cute." I smile and walk through the infirmary doors, leaving Percy by himself

I pass Vincent and Annabeth in the hallway, seemingly interrupting a heated conversation between the two of them.

He looked like the happiest person in the world, leaning close into Annabeth. It was kind of cute, until I remembered that Annabeth was dating Percy.

"Sorry, guys. Didn't mean to interrupt." I say sheepishly. I wasn't going to say anything to them about it. It wasn't my place.

"It's fine Spencer. I'm glad that you're alright. But if you'll excuse us..." Annabeth replied, gripping Vincent's arm and dragging him into the room I just left.

This isn't going to go well. At least, not for Percy.

~~~

It turns out I was right. As I went through my activities for the rest of the day, I saw that he just wasn't a very happy camper, pun totally intended. I stopped him before dinner.

"Are you okay Perce? You seem sad" I sit down next to him on the bleachers in the arena.

He nodded slowly. Well someone needs a hug. I mean it was clearly written on his face, so I turned and hugged him. He hugged back, which is good because it would have been very awkward if he didn't.

"What was that for?" He asked when we pulled apart.

"You just looked like you needed a hug." I said.

"Well I did, so thank you." He said while looking down at me.

"It's the least I could do, considering you kind of saved my life." I say it like it was no big deal but we both know that it was pretty important. Or at least I think he knew. Whatever.

I took this time to notice how beautiful the camp was when the sun was setting. Everything was cast in a beautiful golden blanket, and it was very peaceful.

Smoke was coming out of the Arts & crafts building and I could smell the strawberries that the saytrs were picking in the fields. Odd combination, but it was a good thing.

"Oh wait I have to grab something from my cabin before dinner. Assuming that you won't ditch me, would you like to come with?" Percy asks, standing up and holding out a hand. I mean I kind of have to accept, considering it'd be rude not to and I have nothing better to do.

I'm not sure what he had to grab, and I'm pretty sure it was nothing, but he showed me around camp some more and I got to see his beautiful cabin again, So I wasn't complaining at all. He showed me his fountain that could Iris message anyone and he demonstrated by 'calling' his best friend Grover, who's on some council in the woods or something. Maybe Veronica knows him, considering she forgot to mention she was a nymph and knows everyone at camp. I got to catch up with her at lunch, and I'll have to ask her about Grover.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry! I know this is REALLY over due. It's been killing me. Sorry guys! Remember that I love you! Again, I'm really sorry.

Vote

Comment

Fan

PLUS! On the side is a gif of Britt Robertson aka Spencer!

~Emily