Chapter Twelve

"So, Xavier, the Romans are looking for our father too?" Kelly asked, looking up at the boy with admiration.

"He's Apollo to us, too," The boy responds, laughing. "But yes, he seems to have gone missing in both of the realms." he explained. Xavier talked with his hands, so it was funny watching him wave them around all willy nilly.

"That's odd, don't you think? The same god going missing at the same time," Percy asked, looking at the map of the area around Cumberland to see if there was a place we could all eat. "There's a Chickfila over on the next block." He mentioned, pointing at a part of the map, in which I look over his shoulder at.

"Did you just say Chickfila? The map says Chick-fi-la." I teased, pointing at the little restaurant. 

He glanced at me, well my head, which is resting on his shoulder. "Well, Spencer, I say Chickfila, and if you have a problem with it, then I will eat there and you can eat at McDonalds." he retorted sassily.

"Okay, okay, we'll eat at Chickfila" I responded, still looking over his shoulder.

"That's what I thought." he nodded and folded the map, seeming to remember where Chick-fi-la is on it and lead us to it.

Honestly, I'm in love with Chick-fi-la. I would marry their fries if I could. I say that about most things, but their waffle fries are literally my weakness and I'm sure if a monster came and waved a large box of them in front of my face, I'd eat them and then let the monster eat me. I'd rather die fat and happy than hungry. Plus, I'd probably taste like fries and at least I would taste good for the monster. Just don't tell any monsters to do that because I don't want to die.

"Spence, are you coming?" Kelly asked me, snapping me out of my waffle fry fantasies. Percy and Xavier were already inside the small restaurant and Kelly was holding the door open, waiting.

I hurried along the concrete path to Kelly, where I thanked her and walked through, finding the boys in line at the register, looking towards the door at the two of us. After taking a look around the place, I could see that we're the only ones in here besides a mother and her children in the tiny play area provided. The mom looks tired and her kids are running circles around her. I sent a sympathetic look her way when she looked over and joined my friends in the line.

"Sorry I was dreaming about their french fries." I told them. Xavier laughed -a beautiful laugh- and Percy smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah they are really good." Xavier agreed, turning to the bored girl behind the register. As soon as she saw his face, she perked up, smacking her gum and twirling her hair. Annoying, if you ask me.

"Hello," Xavier began, looking at her name tag which stated Nicolette. "Nicolette. Can I call you Nicki?"

"You can call me any time." she says slyly, already taking out a sharpie from the desk and grabbing his arm with her hand adorned with French tip nails. She wrote the ten digits on his arm and signed her name with heart-dotted I's, which I happened to glance at- and instead of writing her name on her name tag, she wrote Nicki.  I rolled my eyes.

"Gee, thanks," He said in a bored tone. "Can I just order please? I'd like a grilled chicken club sandwich with a medium drink and fries." He said, turning to me and winking as he said fries. Nicolette glared at me for a second and I laughed mentally before ordering myself.

"Two large twelve piece chicken nugget meals with a lot of Polynesian sauce, please." She rolled her eyes at my order, and handed me my large cup. I smirked at the girl and handed Kelly the money to pay for the food before walking over to the soda fountain, which is actually a touch screen that's overly sensitive.

"What the actual fuck?" I asked no one in particular when the thing starts spewing out pink lemonade when I wanted Dr. Pepper. I tried again and it started squirting Pepsi. "Dammit." I cursed, kicking the thing. I tried again, holding my finger on the Dr. Pepper, hoping more pressure would make it listen to me. "Dr. Pepper." I said loudly at the screen. Of course it didn't listen

A chuckle came from beside me and I looked to see Xavier leaning up against the wall next to me, grinning. "Having trouble, Spencer?" he asked me, gesturing to the god-damned machine.

"Yes," I huffed, pushing a piece of my blonde hair out of my face. "The machine won't give me my Dr. Pepper." I looked at it, practically glaring.

"Here, let me try." He lightly pushed me out of the way and tapped at the screen. The machine started pushing out the familiar looking and smelling liquid and I grinned.

"You're magic." I told him.

He lowered his voice, "Shh, Spencer, you aren't supposed to know."

I laughed and pushed his shoulder, grabbing my drink and walking back to the counter where Nicolette was handing Percy our food.

"Thank you." Kelly told her, almost coldly. I don't think she liked that she was flirting with Xavier. It's not like Nicolette can help it, he is a child of Venus. He looks appealing to a toad.

I followed Kelly and Percy, who were deep in conversation about the best armor type, to a small table just big enough for the four of us to be seated comfortably with the bags of food.

"Excited to eat, Spencer?" Percy asked as I practically tore through the bag to get to the food. You couldn't really blame me, not really, considering I hadn't eaten much.

"Duh, salad boy. Who gets a salad at Chick-fil-a? There are so many better things here." I teased as he toke out his salad and chicken sandwich.

The meal consisted of Percy 'interviewing' Xavier to see if he was 'good enough' to continue our quest with us. He's an idiot sometimes. Xavier was perfectly fine and he didn't need to be interviewed.

After we finished eating and Percy decided that he was done interviewing Xavier, we decided to talk about where we were going next in a nearby abandoned park. It wasn't totally abandoned, there was a girl reading on the play-set and an old couple having a picnic under a shady oak tree. It was a cute little park and I can't imagine why it's so empty.

"So we need to get to the Underworld, which is in Hollywood and we're in Kentucky. How is that going to work?" Kelly asked, looking at the United States map that she picked up from the shop near the falls.

California was a long distance from Kentucky, but not as big of a distance as from Long Island, so I would say we were making pretty good time. Besides, Percy told me that he made this trip his first year when some guy named Luke stole a lightning bolt from Zeus or something, I don't know. But if he could do it when he's twelve, then a bunch of sixteen year olds could do it.

"What about Colorado?" Xavier asked, pointing to the state only about three states away from where we are now.

"You know, that just might work." I responded, looking at the highway that connected them all. 

"There might be a greyhound that goes towards Denver, if we checked." Xavier replied, glancing around the group.

Turned out, the girl who was reading happened to have a greyhound schedule on her and there was one going straight through Denver for only a two day trip. After that, we could go from Denver to Salt Lake City, to Carson City to Sacramento. From there we'd have to travel south to LA. It was a simple trip, really. You know, a simple trip across the country. With three other people.

-----------------------------------------

Aaaaand there's chapitre douze! hope you guys enjoyed this little filler chpater! If you guys didn't know, I'll be changing the cast from what it is right now, I have everyone picked out and I'll probably announce it next chapter when i (hopefully) have new covers and trailers!