Chapter One

This book is VERY bad in the beginning because I started writing it when I was in 6th grade. I'm a much better writer now and it shows in this book. So bear with me for the first few chapters. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing there, scared out of my wits. In front of me was a fire-breathing dragon. Well, it was my algebra teacher, until he called me into the French room. It was big and blue, and I'm sure that if it wasn't crouched under the ceiling of the room, It would be much more menacing, but I mean you don't really sit around asking a monster how tall it was and what kind of toothpaste and floss it uses to keep the blood from it's victims from staining it's teeth. 

I was thinking that Mr. Ryans called me in here because I failed something, like I usually do. But as soon as we got in here, he locked the door, and changed into this huge scaly thing.

"Please don't hurt me!" I screamed. Yes it was a stupid thing to yell to a monster, but what else was I supposed to do? Yell, Hey! Yeah I had chicken for lunch today, I hope I taste good!

"Tell me where he is!" he hissed. After that he kept saying that same sentence over and over while advancing on me. I came to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now. Literally.

"Where who is?" I was confused, to say the least. Maybe if he gave a bit more information on who he was looking for, I might've be able to help this damn thing, but I guess not.

Then, Mr. Welks, my History teacher, somehow came through the door which I thought Mr. Ryans locked.

He handed me a hair clip, told me to press the dragonfly, and wheeled his little butt out. Okay, well thanks Mr. Welks, at least now I can keep my hair out of my face as I die. Glad to know he's looking out for me.

I fiddled with the the dragonfly, something that I did unconsciously, then looked down in to my hands to see that the pin isn't in my hand anymore. Instead, it was a silver bow with an intricate design, like the wings of a dragonfly. There was a sheath of arrows on my back as well. Well, at least that teacher has finally given me something helpful. I mean, something other than my extent knowledge on how the United States defeated Britain and how mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

I pulled an arrow out of my sheath and aimed at the dragons heart. It ripped through the air and pierced the dragons skin. Thank god for the random ten year old me demanding archery lessons because I wanted to look cool. He howled and dissolved into sand.

Cool.

I pressed the handle on the bow and watched as it disappeared into the hair pin again and walked out of the French room.

Walking through the hallway, I spot Mr. Welks and hand him the clip.

He made no move to retrieve it. But instead said, "That is a pretty clip Miss Smith but why would I want it?"

Okay, now Mr. Welks may be old, but he is not stupid and we were both there when he handed me that clip.

"But you gave it to me, sir." I replied.

"Meet me in the garden, then we'll talk." he replied sketchily. Mr. Welks rolled away from me, and I realized that this conversation is over.

I walked over to Veronica, my best friend, who was chilling by the water fountain, writing in a notebook.

"Hey V, what's up with Welks?" I asked her, looking to the direction where the teacher had gone off to.

"What do you mean?" She replied, giving me a very confused look and following my gaze to see nothing. Mr. Welks had turn the corner so now I was staring at the wall.

"He told me to meet him in the garden." I said, crossing my arms nervously.

Veronica just looked back at me and shrugged. "To Hell if I know, that teacher is hard to read. And how sketchy is it that he asked you to meet him in the garden? The garden is so creepy. No one ever goes there." I nod in agreement and cant help but think that something's up, and it's either really good, or really bad.

~~~

I met Mr. Welks in the garden of Garden Ridge Academy, yeah I know, it's a weird name, but I think they just wanted an excuse to put in a garden.

"You wanted to see me sir?" I asked with a hint of urgency in my voice. I looked around the huge garden. Have you ever seen The Secret Garden? Well think of that garden, but times it by ten, and you get GRA's. The only thing is, it's creepy as Hell, filled with spiders and other things, and no one ever goes into it.

"Yes, I did, Spencer." He replied in an almost monotonous voice.

Okay, what is going on? No teacher is allowed to call a student by their first name, and I'm surprised he even knew mine, to be honest. I'm a pretty average student, and by that I mean I'm barely passing any of my classes except music and theater.

"Sir, I really have to get back home to my mom." I said, which was a complete and total lie. My mom doesn't care when I'm home as long as I'm home by dinner. I bite my lip for a second, something I do when I'm lying.

"I know your lying Spencer." Shit. Wait, how did he know that? Damn my habits. He probably learned it from the many times I told him I didn't fall asleep in his class. Like seriously, I don't care if the sewing machine caused the industrial revolution or if it was some other boring machine no one uses anymore.

"Spencer, you're not who you think you are,"  he tells me before I walk off. I know it's rude but I didn't want to be alone in the garden with him anymore. Veronica was right. It's really creepy when there's an old man telling you that you aren't who you think you are. Whatever that means.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts? By the way guys, a picture of Spencer is on the side, and if you haven't seen my cast list, she's played by Britt Robertson, check it out.

x Emily