Part 2

Kai stared at her for a second and then a warm smile came over his face. "Jinora!" He said excitedly giving her a quick hug. "How are you?"
His voice was deeper than she remembered and he looked pretty different for starters. He was a lot taller and he also had grown all his hair back since he got his tattoos. Jinora stared and then remembered to reply. "Oh I'm great how are you?"
Kai launched into a description of his new job helping the fire lord here in the fire nation. According to the story he had gotten here a couple months ago and was staying for a couple more, then going back to the earth kingdom. Jinora couldn't help but wonder if he had missed her, or if he had a girlfriend. Then a thought struck her.
"Wait, I'm also working with the fire lord, does this mean we will be working together?"
"Oh wow I guess so!" Kai replied enthusiastically. "Hey I gotta go, but do you want to meet for dinner later? We have to catch up" He asked Jinora
Without thinking she replied yes. They set up a time and place and we're just about to part before Kai said something that made Jinoras heart leap.
"Oh yeah, and happy birthday!"

....

An hour later Jinora was still thinking about their encounter. How had she remembered his birthday? Was it a coincidence or fate that they met up? Jinora sighed and sat down on the bed. She then remembered she was seeing him again. She was overcome by another fit of jitters. She quickly subdued them and told herself that they were colleagues, and we're just getting together to discuss work. There was no need to get all jittery about it.
A little while later she arrived to meet him. She looked around and finally spotted him. As she walked over she suddenly got nervous. "Get it together" she whispered to herself. "It's just dinner"
"What did you say?" Kai said rising to greet her. He pulled out a chair and offered it to her.
"Nothing." Jinora said sitting down. "I was just... Commenting on the decor!" She said a little too quickly.
"Oh yeah it's nice here isn't it? One of my favorite places." Kai said taking a quick look around. Suddenly a girl, no older than Jinora her self approached the table.
"Hey guys!" She said with a sweet smile. Jinora was unable to look away, the girl was gorgeous. She had long light brown hair and big blue eyes. "Kai this must of been the girl you were telling me about, Jinora right?" She said offering a hand. "I'm Camille, Kai's girlfriend."