Part 6

PART 6

Jinora got no sleep that night. She lied awake thinking about what Camille had said, about her cheating on him and him not being good enough... And then thinking about the feelings that she had realized herself. She had to make a decision, was she going to tell Kai or not? She decided not too, and to try to stay out of it.

....

Jinora arrived at the palace feeling exhausted but ready to work. She went to sit in her regular seat and pulled out her things and got to work. Kai arrived, and she could barely look at the excitement on his face. She knew right then he was going to do it tonight, and she couldn't bear to know he was going to get his heart broken.
"Kai, can I talk to you..?"
"Look Jinora I know you're mad, and you said so yourself before we just need to get this done. No need to reiterate how mad you are."
Jinora looked down embarrassed. I guess she wasn't going to tell him after all. She continued writing in silence, glancing up ever so often at Kai. One time, they caught eyes only to look down again as quickly as possible. It was driving Jinora crazy knowing that he was going to get his heart broken.

....

Later that day, the head of the fire nation project came to talk Jinora. She was a little worried, but figured it was because of good work. That was not the case.
"Hello Jinora." Said the project head. "I've been noticing... Well you don't seem to be working at your best."
"What do you mean?" Jinora said worriedly. She had never experienced this in her life, people had always told her how well she was doing.
"You just seem, distracted. Is there something going on? Do I need to take you off the project?"
"Of course not!" Jinora pleaded. "I've just been sleeping badly, and well... Im just tired." Jinora hoped she sounded convincing.
"Good." Said the project leader. "I've also noticed you haven't been talking to your partner while working, it's crucial that you two work together."
How was she going to cover this up? It's not like she could just explain herself to this old, very strict, project leader. "Well.... We talked about it and we figured out we both work better in quiet."
"You two seemed pretty buddy-buddy last week, and you had no problem working while talking then."
Jinora began to sweat. How was she going to cover up?
"Don't worry, we have a whole plan on how we're going to execute our final idea." Jinora tried to sound convincing. They had nothing planned, how was this going to work?
"Good. You may go now."