Part 8

Part 8

After pretty much sitting around all day crying and feeling sorry for herself, Jinora heard on knock on her door. She straightened her clothes, quickly made sure he hadn't looked like she was crying and opened the door.
"Hello Jinora. May I come in?" Said the project leader entering her temporary home.
"Uh sure." Said Jinora uneasily. "Look I'm so sorry I wasn't there today, I was sick and I couldn't-"
"Jinora, I'm taking you off the project." He said this in a blunt manner.
"Wha-what?"
"The work you've done so far is very impressive indeed, but you seem to have, well slipped since then. I think it might just be too much stress for someone so young."
"I'm not too young! I'm dedicated to this project and I want to stay." Said Jinora with a slightly angry tone.
"It's just for the best. We thank you so much for what you've done, and we know it will defiantly help with the plan to update the fire nations government. You will be leaving tonight. So you might want to start packing."

.....

Bursting into tears again, Jinora finished packing up all of her things. She was angry at herself for getting caught up with Kai during such an important job. There was nothing she could do now but get her bison and leave.
She flew back to Republic City instead of taking the train. It was better this way, more peaceful. She felt much more at home on a bison then on some stupid train. It even made her feel a little better until she got back the next day.
She was greeted with everyone running to meet her, smiling and congratulating her on her work. Jinora was confused as everyone bombarded her with "welcome backs!" And "we missed yous" then she remembered, they didn't know she had been kicked out. After saying hello to everyone she left to go to her room, only to realize she left the scrapbook with the picture of her and Kai open this whole time.