Part 15

Kai's POV

He was back in the Earth Kingdom. Everything had gone back to normal. Except for there being no Camille, everything seemed like they used to be before all of this happened, and it should've been refreshingly nice.
But it wasn't. Kai couldn't shake the feeling that something, anything, had gone wrong. It wasn't that he had broken it off with Jinora, that was sadness. This was the feeling when you forget something but don't know what it is, or when you walk into a room and forget why you're in there. A feeling that didn't have a name, but lingered in the back of his mind even though he had no clue what it was.

Jinora's POV

"Wha-what's going on." Jinora said panicked to say the slightest. She sent another gush of wind across the room, only for nothing to happen. One after another after another. Each time Jinora grew more panicked until she broke down into a sob.
     Katara walked over and held Jinora tightly. "It'll be okay. I'm sure this is just temporary."
     Jinora knew the lies in her words. Never before had any of them seen this; someone loosing their bending without any reason why. Jinora looked down at her hands, at her tattoos, and cried even harder. This was her life, her proudest moment. She had nothing against non-benders, nothing at all. But it wasn't her. What was she without it?

Kai's POV

     He woke up the morning after he got back and proceeded to work as usual. He sat in a boring meeting and then got to work, focusing on the important things. He went home, ate dinner and read a book like nothing was wrong.
     But something was wrong. All was wrong. In the course of not even two months he had proposed, found out his girlfriend was cheating on him, fallen in love again only to leave her.
I'm so stupid. Stupid stupid. Why did I give up on the best thing that ever happened to me, all for some job?
Kai sat down on the side of his bed, unable to think clearly. His thoughts were jumbled but one thing was clear, he had to see her. He wasn't sure why, maybe it was this lingering feeling that something was wrong or maybe it was something else. But he had to.

Jinora's POV

     Her family rushed into the room, and saw her on the floor sobbing. She wasn't proud of her current state, but couldn't do anything to change it. Katara shook her head once and her family stared down with pitiful stares. They knew.

     The bad part was though, that she only wanted one person; Kai. She hated herself for it but couldn't stop thinking about him. What if he hadn't left? Would he comfort her? Would this even have happened?
     That's when it struck her. If she wasn't alone at the time maybe this wouldn't have happened. Maybe she'd be okay. A wave of anger rushed through her body and she clenched her fists tightly.

     This wasn't his fault necessarily, but he didn't help anything. Her mind was a war zone of wanting him next to her and wanting him as far as possible. Nothing felt right.

Sorry for not updating in forever!! Hope you can all forgive me, and don't forget to vote and comment!! :)