Part 9

Part 9

     The next couple of days were some of the worst in Jinora's life. Air temple island was practically deserted. Pema, Tenzin, Meelo, Rohan and Ikki had left to visit Katara in the South Pole. All the acocolytes had gone to one of the old air temples, and all of the air benders were dispersed around one missions or just staying home. Jinora  only had all the bison and her thoughts to keep her company, and her thoughts weren't good ones.
     All Jinora could think about was the bad things, her fights with Kai, her being kicked off the project, being alone. These made the days pretty terrible, even her favorite books couldn't help. Jinora barely ate, was tired all the time but couldn't sleep. It was terrible, and she had no one to talk to about it.

     .....

     That evening, as Jinora layed awake unable to sleep for the 4th night in a row she heard a tap on her window. Since her window was pretty far up, it was actually scary to here someone knock on it. Jinora rolled over and told herself it was the wind. She heard another knock, this one louder. She got up to go check it only to nearly faint. It was Kai, on a bison, in her window.
     Jinora opened the window and let him in. The selfless part of her told her that she couldn't just leave him out there.
     "Jinora I-" said Kai breathless.
     "Why are you here? How dare you come into my own house, practically in the middle of the night..."
     This time Kai interrupted her. "Jinora I need to talk to you, badly. Plus I didn't come in, you let me in." He said with a little smirk at the end.
     "Can you just leave? You've hurt me enough already."
     "No Jinora, I did not fly all the way here to leave in five minutes." Kai said, actually starting to cry. This was the first time Jinora had ever seen him cry, even when he had been badly injured. It startled her.
     "Look, I feel terrible. I can't sleep knowing what I said to you, and I can't believe I ever thought Camille was something special."
     "Please stop..." Said Jinora on the verge of tears herself.
     "No. I'm not done. I was stupid and I know why you got mad at me. I never realized the person meant for me was sitting right in front of me."
     Jinora then burst into tears. Who was this person? Who did Kai apparently think was meant for him? "And who would that be" Jinora said icily, still crying.
    "No please don't cry Jinora, please don't..." Kai said putting his hand on her shoulder, crying himself too.
     "I have the right to! You come to my house and apologize only to say you love someone else? That's just cold."
     "No, Jinora-"
     "Get out. I mean it. I will get one of these white lotus guards in here and they will remove you if you don't get out."
     "Jinora please let me finish-"
     Jinora stared at him, teary eyed and angry. "Fine" she said bluntly.
     "Well, I know this is sort of sudden but... The person I was talking about before, the person I said was meant for me, well I was talking about you."