Part 10

Part 10

"You... You were talking about me?" Jinora said unable to believe her ears.
"Well yeah..."
"So you mean after all you put me through, after getting kicked off of the project, practically breaking my heart and proposing to another person you say that I'm the one meant for you?!" Jinora said angrily.
"You seriously are still mad at me? After all of that?" Kai yelled.
"Of course I am!"
"So I flew all the way here, risking my part in the project to come confess my love for you and you are still mad?!"
Jinora was shocked. "You... You're still on the project?"
"Yeah."
"And you flew all the way here still?"
"Of course I did."
"And well... You love me?" Jinora said hopefully, forcing herself to look at him when she said this.
"I wouldn't risk my job and fly here if I didn't silly." Kai said with a smile. Jinora hadn't seen that smile in a long time. It was the smile always reserved for her.
Jinora didn't know what to say. She was going to say something by Kai filled in the silence.
"Look I bet you still are mad at me and I know you probably want me gone, so I'll just be going... Well unless you want me to stay, but I don't think so cause you seem sort of mad, and you have the right to be I was stu-"
Jinora responded in the only way she thought fit; she kissed him. After they pulled apart, Kai looked bewildered. Jinora started to blush.
"You talk too much." Jinora said with a little laugh.
"Does this mean I'm forgiven?" Kai said still looking a little worried.
"What do you think?" Jinora said flirtatiously.
Kai laughed and kissed her again. This was the happiest he had been in months, and the same with Jinora. The sat down and simply caught up. Six years is a long time to be with out the person you love, and they had all night.