Chapter 7 (pt I)

It had been a week since Conner and I kissed.

A week of Conner and I dating.

A week of Jake being upset with me.

Let's take a look at my long, gruesome, eventful week, shall we?

---

"Oh um," I stutter after pulling out of the kiss. "That definitely wasn't suppose to happen." Conner said scratching the back of his neck. "We didn't mean to mess anything up," Celia said, smirking at me. Jake just stood there with a poker face, looking at the ground. "It was a mistake, Celia. A mistake."

I could tell by her face she didn't believe Conner. "So, I was about to drop Jake back at his dorm room but he wanted to tell you goodnight." I look over to him and he smiles, a fake smile. I could tell it was.

"Come on Jake, let's take a walk." I say, tossing my apartment keys to Celia. We walk for a while before anyone says anything. "So, how was your day with Celia?"

"It was nice, she was nice."

"That's awesome, she's a great person."

"Yep. She is."

"Jake what's wrong?" I stopped walking and turned to face him.

"It's nothing."

"I've known you for my whole life and you think I can't see when you're lying to me? That's insulting." I say, crossing my arms. "Are you and Conner a thing?"

"Oh my gosh, Jake. Don't tell me this is about that kiss. It literally was nothing." I exclaim. I can't believe this is what he's upset about. "You just don't kiss for nothing, Megan. He likes you and I still don't trust him." He gains some bass in his voice and crosses his arms as well.

"Ok, first, it was a mistake. You heard him say it, Jake. Second, if I did like him it's not about you trusting him, it's about me trusting him! I would be the one dating him not you." I can feel my face growing hotter, probably redder by the second. "So you're saying my opinion doesn't matter?"

"Now you're twisting my words. All I'm saying is that we don't like each other. We're just friends. You know I'd tell you if we were going out." I said touching his arm, "you're my best friend." He sighs and runs his hands through his hair, "I guess you're right, I'm sorry." He says opening his arms. I give him a hug and we stand there for a second.

"So how are you and Celia? Do I see a future Mrs. Glennen?" As soon as the words come out, they leave a funny taste on my tongue.

No, I'm the future Mrs. Glennen. Sorry Celia. Oh goodness, what am I saying?

"I wouldn't go that far, but she's nice enough. Maybe a harmless fling. If she's even into me." He says looking down at me. "Oh she is. I can tell." I laugh, even though the laugh isn't real. For some reason I don't want to talk about him or Celia right now, I need to change the subject. "I miss Ashely, a lot." I say, dragging my shoulders.

Wow, subject changes are easier than I thought. "I actually do, too." Jake agrees. "Maybe we should three way tonight. I haven't talked to her at all in three weeks." I say, trying to remember the last time I actually did talk to her. Too long ago to remember.

---

"I'll text you once I get home. Love you!" Celia calls to me from the door. "I'll call you with Ashely tonight. Love you Meg." Jake says giving me a hug. "I love you both, too! Goodnight." Once they're gone, I plop on the couch, closing my eyes.

"At least we know you love one of them." I scream as Conner walks out of my bathroom. "Shit, Conner you scared me." I say grabbing my chest. "You're such a chicken." He laughs, going into my fridge. "Ok, ok I-" I was cut off by my cellular device ringing. I glare at Conner as I pick the phone up. "Sarah, hey! How are you?" I fake a laid back attitude and approach her like we're lifetime buddies. "Megan. This is no time for your games, you are in trouble." My mouth drops in a big circle of disbelief.

"What did I do now?"

"Well first, you never emailed me your statement this morning about your incident with the paparazzi yesterday. The one you so diligently fought me over. Second, you didn't call me to tell me about the little fan meet up at the park you had! With your secret daughter and her extended family!"

Wow, is that what the paps put together. What a great job on their part.

"Thirdly, YOU KISSED CONNER?!"

"Woah! How'd you find out about that? It literally happened a half hour ago!" I said looking at him, in major shock. "There's this thing called the Internet." Sarah says using sarcasm. "Okay, Sarah. Thank you, I didn't know about that." I roll my eyes. "You make this harder than it actually is. You are on a contract and if you don't follow it, you can get in so much trouble. All you have to do is keep me updated on what happens so I know how to respond to management when they ask me questions. Instead, you don't and I end up looking like an ass!" She pretty much screams. "Ok! I'm sorry! I'll start doing that, but you need to relax. I'm still new to this! I didn't even have to report to my mom like this." I sit down on the couch and rub my forehead. I think I'm going to need another aspirin. Cameron's phone rings and he leaves to go into the hallway to talk.

"Alright, Megan what I called you for is to tell you that you have a meeting tomorrow morning. 7am sharp, with management, others, and myself. I'll see you tomorrow, 6:30am. Goodnight." Before I could object, the phone line switches off.

I walk into my room, past my bed, grabbing night clothes, and into my bathroom. I lock the door, put my pajamas on and take two aspirin. I look at my bruise and reach to touch it. "Ow," I say, continuing touching it.

I walk back into my room and flop on my bed, hitting something hard. "Conner." I wail. "Don't you have a box to go live in." I say dryly. "Ha ha. Very funny." He says back, just as dry. "I'm not leaving tonight."

"Why?" I whine. "I have to be up by 6:30 tomorrow morning."

"I do, too. I have some meeting."

"Wait, you too?" I ask, sitting up. "Yes." He says before he starts to snore. "Great, now he's really not leaving." I say flapping back down onto the bed. Before I fall asleep I smile to myself and pick up my phone to send Sarah a message.

Conner is staying over, btw xx goodnight.

I hit send and snuggle into his arms, not hearing my phone ringing off the hook in the background.