Chapter 22

| Megan's evening wear |

Six days later, I was mostly back to normal. I was eating solids again and actually talking. Well, I was talking a little bit, to say the least. My throat and other body parts made a full recovery, but I was still having nightmares and ridiculous fears of going outside for long periods of time.

"Is your phone fully charged?" I asked Conner as I put in my earrings. "Yes. I would ask you if yours was, but I know that it is." Conner said sarcastically. "Very funny."

Tonight, management organized a New Year's Eve party and told Conner and me to act as if it were our idea and our event. It was going to get a lot of good attention and a lot of press would be there. It would push the news of my incident in the trash and show everyone that I'm better and Conner and I are still, very much, in love. It was a formal event being held in a ballroom inside of the resort somewhere. There were to be a lot of celebrities and bunch of pictures and videos tonight. I was nervous, not because of the party, but of traveling to the event. I made sure everyone's phones were charged and our rental car had an extra phone that was charged, as well. I packed extra coats and blankets in the trunk as well as snacks and a flash light with extra batteries. I made sure that if I ever were stranded again I'd be prepared.

"Excited to see Tiffany tonight?" I tease Conner as he holds the door open for me. A couple of nights ago Conner and I sat down together and talked about the ending contract on March 1st and what we wanted to do after that. We finally admitted to each other of our other intentions with certain people. And while it wasn't certain that Jake and Celia would break up, it was certain that Tiffany and Conner had a future together and I would never hold him back from that. "Excited to see Jake?" Conner asked obnoxiously raising his octave, mocking me. "Well, Jake isn't single, Mr. Davis."

"We all know that won't last long. Celia will go running back to Jason and Jake will be free." I hit his arm playfully. "That is not nice, Conner." I laugh because I know what Conner is saying has a very good chance of happening.

---

Megan!

How are you feeling Megan?

"I'm feeling so much better, thank you for asking!"

Conner, how has your stay been here in Aspen? Did you have a good Christmas?

"Our stay here has been amazing and Christmas was wonderful. Megan decorated our room beautifully and we watched Christmas classics all day together." Conner kisses my lips sweetly and looks at me adoringly.

Megan what are you wearing?

"Well the dress is Zuhair Murad and the shoes are Prada." I giggle and pose quickly for a picture with Conner.

Conner, nice tie!

Conner laughs and thanks the person who complimented him.

We pose together for a couple more pictures and answer a few more questions before heading inside. The ballroom is ginormous and decorated greatly. Gold and silver accessories are literally everything you see. "Wow, this place is great. Sure you didn't do this?" I chuckle and and shake my head, "I actually didn't. Management prepped well." I said looking around impressed. We walk around and greet many other celebrities and our families that were all invited before sitting at our assigned tables. Dinner and dessert were served while we watch a few phenomenal musicians sing some classics on stage. When the time for dancing came, Conner asked for my hand and I accepted it. We danced for a a couple songs, enough for people to see us acting cozy together.

After the third song, Conner leaned down and whispered in my ear. "Mind if I ask Tiffany to dance? Your mom is playing with Annabel and I think I can sneak at least one dance in." I enthusiastically nodded my head and almost pushed him towards her. I saw Tiffany glance at me once Conner held his hand out, and I smiled and nodded "yes". She smiled up and him and I could see her say "of course". I was going to sit down when I felt a tap on my shoulder, "would you mind dancing with me, Ms. Holmes?" I smile, knowing exactly who it was. "I would love to, Mr. Glennen." I said before turning towards him. I place one hand in his and the other on his shoulder. "Where is Celia?" I asked, looking around. "Oh, she went outside to make a important phone call. I don't know to who though." He shrugged and we started dancing. We stare into each other's eye and endlessly glided across the floor to Tony Bennett's voice.