Chapter 13

| Megan's football game outfit |

"So Jake got us tickets to come to his game tonight!"
I was sitting in my overly-sized kitchen, having a cup of coffee with Ashely. It was two days after Annabelle's party, so we finally had some free time to hang out. "That's great. Who else is coming?"

"Conner and Celia, I think. It starts later in the evening so I figured you and I could just relax and hang out together." Conner was out with his friends today, since he finally got an off day, and would meet back up with us before the game. Celia just returned from New York, with Jason, her ex-boyfriend. One minute she claims she never getting back together with him and the next minute she's head over heels. It's honestly annoying to be stuck in the middle, especially because they are both great people and they are so adorable when they actually are being civil. "I don't know about that Celia girl. I don't like her, she's getting in the way of you and Jake."

"What?" I ask quickly. Had she caught on, too? "Oh my god, it's so obvious you and Jake are going to grow old together once you get your head out of Conner's ass." Ashely laughed loudly as my face dropped. "I hate you sometimes. You know that?"

"I love you, too!" She said squealing and hugging back. "Wow, I've missed you!"

"I do like Conner, Ashely." I said after a while. I wasn't lying to her, I did have some feelings for him. "He's an amazing boyfriend, and an all around great guy." He's just not Jake. "Oh hon, I'm not saying you don't like Conner. I'm just saying you're going to have babies and grow old with Jake. It's written in the stars." She laughs to herself and I can't help but smile back at her. "And who are you going to fall in love with, missy?"I tease, expecting her to roll her eyes, but instead she blushes. "ASHELY. TELL ME WHO HE IS RIGHT NOW." I scream.

"Okay okay, he's name is Seth.." She continues to tell me that they met at her school and how's he's different from the other guys she's dated and how she's totally head over heels for him. "I have to meet him. I can't believe you hid him from me!"

"I just wanted to make sure it was the real deal before introducing him to everyone." She says, still madly blushing. "I'm glad to see you happy." I hug her once again before putting on music and we decide to dance for 3 hours straight.

---

"Do I want to know what happened in here?" Conner said, walking in with his friend, Nate. "Probably not, but I'll tell you anyway." He and Nate sit on the couch and watch Ashely and me, as we breathe heavily on the floor, with smirks on their faces. "We were talking, then we decided we wanted to dance. So we figured that we should make a work out of it and now we're pretty much dead and my head is pretty much killing me." I closed my eyes, trying to practice breathing steadily. "I'm going to get something to drink." Ashely finally says, getting up. "Yeah, I'll get something, too." Nate says. I see him wink at Conner before following Ashely. "She has a boyfriend, you know." I sigh, talking to Conner. "That's on Nate." He laughs as slides onto the floor with me. "You know you shouldn't be jumping around so much." Conner whispers. He takes my hand in his and intertwined our fingers, "it won't make your headaches feel any better, babe."

I blush a little at the pet name, "I know, but it's fun and I haven't seen Ashely in forever and this is what we always used do." I say, rolling onto my side so I could look at him. "I guess I'll let you get away with it, this time." He winks and kisses me quickly. We sit up and I can feel the effect of dancing. My head was past killing me, I was dead. I grabbed my head and squeezed my eyes shut. "Babe?" Conner said. I can hear the panic in his voice. I know Ashely and Nate are back from the kitchen, because I can hear their voices in the background. "Conner what happened?" Nate asked. "Megan!" Ashely says in fright. "Con, I'm alright. I just want to lay down." I try to stand up, but I literally can't feel my legs and plop back onto the floor. Conner puts his hands under my arms and stands me up. He knows I hate being carried so he just supports me. I lean into his chest, way too dizzy to walk anywhere and he sits us on the couch. Why can't I function right now? What is wrong with me?