Chapter 25

| Megan's new apartment |

"Where to now?" Conner asked as we climbed into our uber. "LA, I want to talk to Jake now." I say happily, clapping my hands like a seal. My day was so much better than planned and I couldn't wait to find Jake and tell him everything. I don't expect him to run into my arms with a smile, I actually think he'll be upset with me for lying to him for so long but I know he'll get over it because we're best friends and best friends will always be there for each other. Plus, if Tiffany forgave Conner after a slap, hopefully it'll be good between Jake and I. I squeal and pull my phone out of my pocket and try to call him. He doesn't answer me, but I don't dwell on it too much.

Instead of watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's", this time I decide to watch "To Wong Fu", my second favorite movie of all time. Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipe, and John Leguizamo were too fabulous in that movie for it not to be great.

After hours of being on the plane, we finally touched LA soil and I couldn't keep my giddiness from showing. "Conner," I say, turning to him once were out of the plane. "I want to thank you for everything, the amazing months we dated and our very short time together being engaged. I wouldn't change a thing about it, you're a wonderful person." I hug him and kiss him on the cheek. "Meg," he says while hugging me back. "This isn't a goodbye, I'd still like to be in your life." He said pulling away, smiling. "I would love that. You, Anna, and Tiffany." We talk for about five more minutes before I can't stand still much longer and we head our separate ways.

---
I thanked my driver once I arrived at the dorms that Jake lives in. I tried his phone again, but he still didn't answer. I shrugged and kept on walking in the direction of his dorm room.

When I get there, I hear music blasting from inside and the smell of something pungent drifting through the air. Aren't there suppose to be RA's watching over the floors, what the hell? I knock on the door a couple of times with no answer. I know they're in there because of the music, so I decide to let myself in and immediately wish I hadn't.

Jake was shoving his tongue down some girls throat, I assumed to be Celia until she turned around and wasn't her at all. On the other bed, this blonde kid that looked to be a junior in high school, was smoking. I guess that's what I smelt. The blond guy stopped the music quickly and Jake just looked at me. We stared at each other for a couple seconds, before the brunette b.itch started kissing him again. I could literally feel my whole body heat up with shock, anger, and embarrassment as I started walking towards them. I pulled them away from each other and just looked at Jake before slapping him. I heard the guy on the other side of the room suck in a breath, "shit!"

"I hate you!" I said before running towards the door. "Megan!" I could hear Jake shuffling off the bed as I kept walking away. "F.uck, man that's Megan?!"

"Yes!" I heard Jake shout.

I made my way to the elevators and repeatedly pressed the down button but it couldn't come fast enough. "Megan please listen to me!" I felt Jake's hand grab my arm to turn me around. "Leave me alone, Jake!" I say not looking up at his face. "That's not fair, Megan!" He shouts. "You can't just get engaged and then pop up and expect me to be waiting for you!"

"I asked you to wait for me Jake! It hasn't been a week since I asked you! It hasn't even been 4 days! You couldn't wait at least for a couple days? You couldn't pick up your phone for me either, could you?! I was going to do something important for us both, but you couldn't wait!" Tears were flying down my face now and I didn't care. He tried lifting my chin, so he could look me in the eyes but I just shrugged him off. My elevator finally arrived and I hurried in, not waiting for him to finish talking. The doors began to shut when he stuck his arm through so it wouldn't close completely. "What were you doing, Megan?" He wasn't shouting anymore, but his voice was urgent. "It doesn't even matter now. Go back to your other girlfriend." I shot nastily at him. "She's not my other girlfriend, Megan. I don't even go out with Celia anymore-"