Epilouge

|
1. Gatsby and Klaus.
2. Sophia,
3. Megan and Jake's new home,
4. A room in their home.
|

2 years later

"Hon, can you please get the door?" I shout from the bathroom. "I'm getting dressed, sweetie." I sigh and roll my eyes as I exit the bathroom in a giant sun dress that flows. "You're worse than a woman." I laugh, walking past him to go open the door for our guests. "Celia! How are you?" I say giving her a hug. "How are you? How have you been?" I say grabbing her things and bringing them in. "I've been good! How have you and Jake been?" She asked stepping into my home. "We've been wonderful! I know you and Jason are doing great as well! Tiffany, Conner, Anna, and Sophia are in the back. Conner's on the grill." I laugh and point towards the back of the house. She shakes her head and begins heading in that direction.

I was going to shut the door but I spotted Jake, Nate, and Ashely coming up the drive way. "You said your new house was big, but damn!" Ashely says gazing at its size. When Jake got drafted to our favorite team, the New England Patriots, we didn't hesitate to buy a brand new house in Boston and we were inviting everyone over to see it. "I love it. I have to show you my shoe closet later!" I squeal as I hug her. "Jake! Nate! How are you guys!" I said hugging both of them. "Unfortunately your friend is still getting dressed upstairs, he should be down in a few minutes." I said rolling my eyes, playfully. Jake shook his head, knowing exactly what I meant. "Everyone is in the back. There's food, drinks, Conner and Tiffany's newest addition to the family and she's gorgeous." I say thinking about the precious, little Sophia.

"I love babies! Let's go see her." Ashely giggles and my heart lightens. Once they all went out back, I returned upstairs to find Jake ironing his shirt while his muscular back faced me. "Yummy view." I said wrapping my hands around his torso and placing a light kiss on his back. "Don't start something you can't finish, Mrs. Glennen." Jake said turning around, smiling down at me. "I still get chills when I hear that." I said smiling with my eyes closed. "What?"

"Mrs. Glennen." I say peacefully. "It's almost more beautiful than you." He whispered.

"Uh, can you guys get any cheesier?" Anna said from the hallway. "What do you want, pumpkin?" I said turning towards her. "I was looking for the bathroom and I got lost. And by the way, Aunt Meggy, I'm 12 years old. I can't be your pumpkin anymore." She says folding her arms. I hear Jake laugh as he turns back to iron his shirt. "That's right, you're my big, big, almost teenage niece." I said patting her head and leading her towards the bathroom.

"Ready?" I say once I return to my room. "I am. The question is, are you?" Jake answers, intertwining our fingers and hands together. I take in a big breath and nod my head. "We aren't saying anything about it until tonight, so as of right now. I'm fine." I say standing on my tippy toes to give him a kiss. "Let's go." He says after our kiss, carefully leading me down the stairs.

Everyone was out back, either talking, eating, or playing with the dogs. Yes, I said dogs, Jake bought me a new dog after we got back from our honeymoon and we named him, Klaus. Conner was still near the grill with a beer in his hand talking with Nate and Jake; Tiffany was sitting on the patio feeding my little god daughter, Sophia while talking with Ashely and Celia. Yes I know, Ashely and Celia actually talk now?! Well, they aren't best friends, but at least they're civil towards one another. Anna was taking selfies in the pool with her phone. Something that I didn't think was very smart, but she promised me she'd "done it a thousand times".

"Let's get to entertaining." Jake gives me a quick kiss before heading over towards the boys and me, to the ladies.

---

"Do you guys have any wine?" Celia asked as we all sat around the dinner table. "Yes, I'll be right back with a bottle. Jake could you help me get it, you know it's so high up." I laugh and he gets up and walks with me towards the kitchen. "Grab the cranberry juice as well, I doubt Tiffany wants wine while she's breast feeding. Oh- get something for Anna, too. We're not servicing underage drinkers here." I joke. "You know, you aren't that funny." Jake says laughing a bit. "Well I think I am, excuse me." I say feigning hurt. He kisses me and we head back outside, drinks in hand.

---

"Okay guys. Cut the crap! Something is up and we all know it." Ashely says. We were all relaxing around the bonfire, the summer's breeze blowing and moon's light glow hitting us. "Yeah, and don't say you just wanted to show us the house because that's... poop!" Conner said, looking over at Anna, who was too busy on her phone. Everyone is quiet and their eyes are all focused on us. "Well, then you're all wrong." Jake said, standing up and helping me up. "Semi- wrong, hon." I remind his, tapping his nose. "We wanted to show you one of the rooms in particular." I add. "Now, if you would all get up and follow us, we'd be happy to show you." I said. I turning around, grabbed Jake's hand and made my way back into the house.

Jake helped me up the steps as I held onto the railing and seconds later we were in front of a closed door. "This is it." I whispered and opened the door, stepping in.

"Oh my god." I heard Tiffany say. "Jesus Christ! Meg, you're with child?!" Ashely squealed. "Congrats man!" Jake said, tackling my Jake in a bear hug. "Omg congratulations, sweetie!" Celia said coming over to hug me. "Sweet!" Nate said looking around the room. "There are two cribs!" Anna said jumping up and down. "Double sweet!" Conner said giving Jake a hug next.

I cried, of course and Jake lead me to one of the chairs in the nursery to sit in. "How many months are you?" Tiffany asked. "Why are you so small?!" Celia added. "I'm 4 months and I'm huge." I say, tugging my dress tighter around the waist. "Oh my god. I thought you were pregnant when you had water instead of wine today, but then I told myself no!" I giggle as she gives me a hug. "I'm so happy for you guys." Nate says shaking Jake's hand. "We also wanted to know if you, Ashely and Jake, would be the god parents of Flynn Griffith Glennen, and you, Tiffany and Conner, the god parents of Anastasia Violet Glennen." Jake asked.

Tears immediately sprang from Ashely's eyes as she nodded her head "yes" and Jake looked star struck. "It would be an honor." Conner said, bending down to kiss my forehead and bear hugging Jake.

---

"Today went smoothly." Jake said, climbing into bed with me. I had "Moon River" playing lighting through head phones propped on my belly so my babies could hear it. It was still my favorite song and I wanted to share it with them. "I agree. I couldn't be happier." I say turning off the music now that the song was over. He kisses me as we both settle, comfortably, in the sheets. He wraps his arms around my waist and places his hands protectively around my stomach. "I love you, always." He whispers in my ear. My back was pressed against his front, so I snuggled in closer to him and placed my hands over his. "I love you, always."

Fin.