Chapter 11

| Megan's old apartment |

The day of the party is here and I can't hold in my excitement. The theme of the party is Disney princesses, obviously, and it's a costume party. Everyone is to dress up as their favorite princess or prince, even the adults. This morning, I sent a Princess Ana costume and Queen Elsa costume for Annabel and her mother to wear today. I also had Sarah gather information from the daycare that Anna attends to send invites there so all her friends were invited. I flew Ashely and a few other girls from her school out here a week earlier than expected so they can play the rolls of the Disney princesses. I mean, they do go to a performing arts school. Plus I promised them that it was a paid gig.

So far we had Ashely playing Ariel, and her friends playing Tiana, Jasmine, Mulan, Rapunzel, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and who could forget, Ana. Conner chipped in, a lot, and paid for official costumes for everyone.

I dressed up as Pocahontas and Conner was John Smith, even though he looked more like Prince Charming to me. I even got Jake to come dressed up as Prince Eric. Ever since I was a kid, I had a bad crush on Prince Eric. He was my dream Prince, too bad he was fictional.

"Okay, everything ready? Is the carriage on its way to our house? Everything is ready in the backyard? Everyone is her- Everyone's here, right?!" I was beginning to get one of my bad headaches, but I needed everything to be perfect for them. "The photographers are in position? Oh! The ice sculptures-"

"Are fine. Stop worrying. Relax." Conner grabbed both my shoulders, shaking me slightly. "Okay, you're right." I close my eyes and breathe, slightly feeling better. "They're here." Frank says from the door way. "And it looks like relaxation time is over." Conner mutters before following me to the door. I open it and Annabel is running towards me in her little Princess Ana costume. "Don't I look fantabulous?!" Annabel squeals and I can't help but laugh. She looks so happy. "Thank you guys so much." Tiffany whispers, wiping away an unshed tear. "It was truly our pleasure." We all look at Ana twirling in the hallway, "she hasn't been this happy in a while," Tiffany says as I walk away to give Frank tip money to give the carriage driver.

"Okay! Enough standing around!" I say coming back from the from door. "Cake is this way!" I point towards the back door and Conner pushes Queen Elsa in that direction. I snatch his hand and swing it, smiling at him.

Ah! It's about to happen! I mentally scream.

"Do you think the photographers got the shots of them walking in? Should I go check? I-"

"And miss the grand entrance, no way." He tugs me forward. I know this is his way of telling me to relax.

We finally make it to the door leading into the yard and I pause. "Are you ready to see your kingdom, Annabel?" Tiffany scrunches her eyebrows and Ana shakes her head uncontrollably. I open the doors and everyone yells 'surprise'. Ana immediately starts to scream in happiness, running towards her grandmother and Tiffany takes me and Conner in a tight hug. "I can't believe you guys did this, for me and Ana. I can't believe this. I love you both so much." She's crying again and this time, I let Conner handle her as I go to entertain the guests.

"You are an amazing woman, you know that right?" Prince Eric says to me, as he pulls me into a hug. "I tired my very best, today." I say, kind of sagging in his arms. My head was killing me, I was beyond tired, and it felt good being wrapped in him. "Celia told me to send her regards. She said she couldn't make it, something came up."

Jason came up, or at least that's what she told me last night. "It's all good, I talked to her last night." We end the hug, but he leaves one arm around my neck. I take a long glance over the whole party and I'm pretty content with myself.