𝟬𝟬𝟴 - chapter eight

❀❀❀❀

WITH WEAK KNEES, Brooke slowly got out of bed, seeing that Gracie wasn't there anymore. She realised that she was already wearing Gracie's hoodie, so the woman probably put it on her before she left. She grabbed her pants that were on the ground and quickly put them on, hearing some noises downstairs.

She smiled to herself, remembering that she met Gracie's family and they actually liked her. Brooke grabbed her phone from the bedside table and walked over to the door, opening it with a sigh and going downstairs. When she made it downstairs, she saw Henry, JJ and Auggie watching a football game on the tv, and they were all yelling at him, watching the team they aren't going for winning.

"Oh come on!".

"Such bullshit!".

"Henry, language!".

Brooke chuckled until she heard a familiar, raspy voice speak up in the kitchen.

"You gonna come over here?".

Brooke looked over to the kitchen, and she saw Gracie standing there with a smile on her face, and she was making some food. Brooke giggled, and she walked over to Gracie, immediately wrapping her arms around her body and standing up on her tippy toes to leave a kiss on her lips. Gracie laughed into the kiss, wrapping her arms around Brooke and hugging her.

They could still hear the three boys yelling at the tv, and Brooke giggled, pulling away from Gracie and standing right in front of her.

"What are you making?". Brooke asked, looking over to the stove.

"Pancakes". Gracie smiled, leaving a kiss on Brooke's head before looking back at the food she was making.

"Gracie makes delicious pancakes". Katie suddenly spoke up, walking into the kitchen as she smiled at the couple. "Good morning".

"Morning". Brooke smiled at Katie.

"So, when are you two leaving to go back to New York?". Katie asked as she walked over to the fridge, opening it and pulling out a bottle of orange juice, Brooke grabbing a glass cup for her. Katie thanked Brooke before standing in front of the kitchen counter, placing the cup on it and opening the bottle of orange juice.

"Tonight". Gracie answered as she continued to make the pancakes.

"Well, you need to come back soon". Katie laughed. "We should all go out with Brooke some time".

Brooke felt herself smile at Katie's words, she was glad that they didn't hate Brooke anymore, and didn't speak about the rivalry. She knew they still hated Josie, but at least they didn't think she was like her now.

"Yeah, that'd be great". Brooke nodded.

Katie hummed, turning around to put the orange juice back in the fridge, but then she stopped, furrowing her eyebrows when she looked at Brooke.

"Oh, honey". Katie tried to hold in her laugh, and Brooke looked at her with raised eyebrows. "You know, when we have breakfast, you don't want JJ seeing that".

"What?".

Gracie looked at her mom in confusion, and then looked at her girlfriend. After a few seconds of just staring at the girl, she suddenly realised what Katie was talking about. "Oh shit".