𝟬𝟭𝟮 - chapter twelve

❀❀❀❀

WHEN BROOKE WOKE up the next morning, Gracie's arms were wrapped around her body, the couple under the covers with Weenie asleep at the end of the bed. Brooke's back was against Gracie's chest, and their legs were tangled. Brooke sighed after hearing some noises downstairs, and she slowly and quietly pulled the covers off, trying not to wake her girlfriend up. Once she got up from bed, she grabbed her phone, checking the time. It was almost 10 in the morning, so they slept in.

Weenie whined from where he was lying down, and Brooke looked over to him, seeing the dog sit up with a yawn. Brooke smiled at the dog, waving him over and opening the bedroom door, Weenie jumping off from the bed and running out of the room, Brooke walking out and quietly closing the door, Gracie still sleeping. Weenie ran down the stairs with a bark, and Brooke ran a hand through her hair, letting out a quiet yawn as she made it downstairs.

She looked over to the kitchen, and she saw Jacob there, talking to the triplets who were sat down on the stools. Brooke froze when she saw the triplets, she was kinda hoping that last night was a dream, when she saw them outside. But it wasn't.

Jacob was the first one to notice Brooke, and he let out a small smile. "You're awake".

The triplets all looked over their shoulders, and they saw Brooke standing there, staring at the three of them in disbelief. Matt opened his mouth to say something, but the girl scoffed, shaking her head and turning around, going to go back upstairs while Weenie ran up to the triplets and barked, his tail wagging.

"Wait, Brooke". Chris quietly stood up from the stool and stopped the girl from leaving, and she sighed slowly, biting her bottom lip and turning around to look back at the triplets while Jacob jogged up to Weenie with a smile on his face.

"Okay, so...I'm gonna let you three talk". Jacob mumbled as he kept his eyes on Weenie. Then, he looked over to his friends with a small smile. "I'm gonna go outside with Weenie, okay? Come on, Weenie!".

Weenie barked, following Jacob to the back of the house while Brooke crossed her arms, biting the inside of her cheek and staring down to the ground, hearing the Sanders boy open the back door and run out with Weenie, then, closing the door, leaving the four of them inside in the kitchen. It was now an awkward silence, Brooke staring down at the ground while the three boys glanced at each other, Nick and Matt standing up as well and standing with Chris.

"I thought you three were leaving in the morning". Brooke spoke up with a sigh, and she noticed Chris frown at her words.

"Um...". Matt started as he slowly ran a hand through his hair. "We wanted to talk to you, before we leave".

"Well, go on". Brooke shrugged with a smile, which was obviously a fake one. "Go on, tell me what you want".

"Brooke...we know you're still pissed at us-".

"You got that right". Brooke interrupted Nick with a nod.

"But we really miss you". Nick continued, rubbing the back of his neck while Brooke glanced down to the ground, biting the inside of her cheek and letting him continue talking. "You...you have every right to be mad at us. You do, okay? We should've been better, we're your brothers and we should've been there for you".

"You're not my fucking brothers". She suddenly snapped with a scoff, causing Nick to fall silent and cross his arms with a small sigh. Brooke let out an annoyed laugh and looked away from the three boys, rubbing the back of her neck as she kept talking. "You already fucking know this, so, stop saying that you're my brothers".