𝟬𝟭𝟭 - chapter eleven

❀❀❀❀

BROOKE WOKE UP in Gracie's arms that afternoon, and she yawned, opening her eyes and seeing that Gracie was already awake. They were laid down on the sofa, under a blanket, and Gracie was hugging her, staring at the bruise on Brooke's face.

When Gracie realised Brooke was awake, she gave her a small, reassuring smile, pulling her close and kissing her forehead.

"Good morning". Gracie rasped out, pressing a kiss to Brooke's cheek this time.

"Morning". Brooke mumbled, hiding her face in the crook of Gracie's neck and closing her eyes, trying to go back to sleep. She couldn't stop thinking about last night, and she sighed, knowing that Gracie was mostly likely gonna ask about it, and ask about the bruise on her face, even though Brooke definitely didn't want to talk about it at all. Brooke honestly wanted to forget about it, and not think about it ever again.

"Baby". Gracie mumbled, and Brooke moved back a little bit, resting her chin on the woman's chest to look at her. Gracie started playing with Brooke's hair, keeping her eyes on her as they heard Weenie jump off the arm chair, running around the living room. Gracie frowned as she stared at the bruise on Brooke's face, and she exhaled slowly, cupping her cheek with one hand, her thumb slowly rubbing it. "Does it hurt?".

Brooke shook her head. "Not that much, I'm fine, Gracie".

Gracie bit her bottom lip as she stared at Brooke, and the Sturniolo girl knew she didn't believe her.

"I promise". Brooke promised her. "I- I'm sorry for yelling at you...I just- I didn't want to argue it's just that...I was just pissed, I'm so sorry".

"It's okay, it's okay, baby". Gracie leaned forward, kissing Brooke's forehead again as one of her hands made its way to the back of her head. After a few minutes of silence, Gracie suddenly spoke up again, the two girls still hugging each other under the blanket, on the sofa. "Who gave you that bruise?".

Brooke bit the inside of her cheek after hearing the question, and she sat up on the sofa. She watched as Gracie sat up as well, the both of them beside each other as the Abrams woman held her close, kissing the side of her head and whispering her words.

"Baby, you can tell me". Gracie whispered.

"I um...". Brooke stammered, trying to think of the right words to say as she stared down at her lap, fiddling with her fingers. "I...I saw Brad and Josie....last night. And I guess- I guess it didn't go well and- Brad got angry, like he always does. I- I should've known he was gonna get mad again, I- I'm sorry".

Brooke didn't look at Gracie, she just kept her eyes on her lap, biting her bottom lip and sighing slowly. Gracie didn't let go of Brooke, but she didn't say anything for a while.

"I'm sorry". Brooke blurted out, apologising again as she bit onto one of her fingernails. "I'm so sorry, I'm so stupid. I'm so fucking stupid I-".

"Hey". Gracie interrupted softly, gently cupping her girlfriend's cheeks to make her look at her. "You're not stupid, sweetheart. Don't apologise, alright? None of this is your fault".

Brooke leaned forward, resting her head on the woman's chest, and letting Gracie wrap her arms around her, hugging her again. Gracie leaned down, resting her head on top of Brooke's and slowly rubbing the girl's back, humming quietly to her. Brooke immediately knew what song Gracie was humming. It was close to you, one of the songs that Gracie had written about Brooke. Brooke knew it was going to be on Gracie's new album as well, and she couldn't wait to hear the whole song. Because she's only heard a little bit of it, last year, when they were at Madison's beach house and she saw Gracie playing the guitar and singing the song.