Chapter 1

I woke up today feeling like something good will happen today. Though nothing ever does. Since I am one of ten kids in the orphanage and be being the oldest at 13 as of yesterday means I'm usually in charge of the younger kids and the last to be adopted. I look around my room all I had that was mine was my laptop and gaming stuff I bought by saving up all of my money.

"Alli can you do my hair?" I look down a Ruby she was a 6 year old girl obsessed with beauty stuff. I smile down at her.

"Of course sweetie just sit over here." I paused my game and my video. I was watching Smosh play the Sims 4. I quickly changed it to the search of hair tutorials.

"I want that one." Ruby pointed her small dark olive skin toned finger at an Elsa bun. She loved Frozen I honestly hated it.

"Alright. Just give me a sec." I quickly grabbed a brush and the stuff I would need for it. "Alright sit still so we can do this quickly. I grabbed her dark brown almost black hair. Ruby was like the little sister I never had. She was my weakness.

"Sissy can I look now?" Ruby asked. I guess is spaced out while doing her hair.

"Of course just let me take a photo." I grab my old Polaroid camera. It's the kind that develops the photos right after you take them. I quickly take a photo and sent her to look in the bathroom.

"Thank you sissy! I look just like Elsa now." I smile at her.

"I'm guessing someone wants to watch Frozen now." Ruby looked up at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen her wear.We went downstairs and I got the other kids to come watch with us. So as of now I am sitting on a couch with Ruby in my lap and all of the other kids surrounding us.

"Sissy can you sing Elsa's song?" I smiled at her. She loved Elsa the most so for her I learned the lyrics to let it go.

"Sure thing sweetie." So when Elsa started singing so did I. The kids always had me sing them to sleep so they watched me instead of the movie. By the time the song was over everyone clapped.

"Thank you Thank you. You have been a lovely audience." They all giggled at my silliness.

"Allison dear we need to talk." A voice said behind me it was the caretaker Ms. Carmine.

"Oh alright." I get up from the movie and helped everyone get comfortable again before going with Ms. Carmine.

"What is it? Do I need to make dinner or something?" I asked she shook her head at me tears in her eyes with a sad smile on her face.

"Sweetie you just got adopted! They will be meeting you tomorrow and you'll live with them for a month before they come back and make a final decision." I was shocked. The last time I was fostered for a month I was 10 but I was taken back because I slapped a girl for tripping me.

"Okay I need to go pack now what will I need?" I ask Ms. Carmine

"Well you'll need clothes and things like that but you shouldn't pack anything other than small personal items next to that. So no video game systems." I nod at her knowing I wouldn't be able to bring them. A month without video games will kill me!

"Alright I should go now." I quickly go to my room. Ruby was on the bed crying."Sweetie what's wrong?" I ask worried

"Your leaving I won't see you again." I just give her a sad smile"Well I will come and visit you and everyone else whenever I can okay?" I look at her eyes filled with tears.

"I will also record all your favorite songs to play before you go to sleep okay?" She looks at me and nods she hugs my legs.

"I'm gonna miss you sissy." I scoped her up in my arms and hugged her really tight.