26 - Party

~Reader's POV~

It had been a month and I had gone into work mode, I went over and over the information about Hydra's new branch I was allowed to take my time with this since they weren't exactly a threat but I didn't want to take them down something else was going on. I had been keeping contact with Cody but thanks to this mission I've not really had the time.

"Little Rogers, you need food let's go." I had been using Tony's personal office to work quietly on the mission including using his best decides to gather a lot more information.

"Rogers, come on let's go. You're turning into me."

"Okay just hang on a second, I think I've got something." I grab a few documents I had printed and rush over to Tony holding them out before him.

"It's like Hydra has created a corporation of their own, like they're trying to find a way into the cities without forcing their way into the cities. Its odd. But I won't know until I can get more inside information, so I don't think it's wise to just take then down yet." He takes the documents from my hands and looks over them himself.

"You know little Rogers, not a bad idea but food come on." He chuckles the documents to somewhere in the room and dragging me out.

"Hey Tony no, I need to keep going. I need to make a plan. Let me go." I pull against his grip roughly and considering I had the serum he was quite strong to keep a hold of me.

"God you're strong." I say to him and as I do he heaves me over his shoulder.

"Tony!! Put me down, is this reslly necessary?!" I bang against his back of Tony as we emerge from the elevator into the communal space.

"Tony!! Put me down!!" He sets me on my feet and raises his hands up as I point at him.

"You...sleep with one eye open."

"Look who's come out of their cave." I turn to Bruce.

"Me or him?" I ask him.

"The fact you're in that sentence means a bad thing, come on sit here and eat some food." I roll my eyes at Wanda but sit down beside her anyway, take a slice of cheese pizza and take a large bite out of it.

"Pizza was a great decision." Eating something was really nice, I hadn't eaten in a long while but what I had been doing was really important.

"So, how's the mission coming along?" I think over Bruce's question for a long moment.

"Well, it's going well but I don't think I should just get a team and take it down." Bucky gives me a funny look.

"It's another form of Hydra, why would you not want to take them down and get rid of that?"

"Well you see Barnes, I've been doing digging on this new form of Hydra and I think we should gather more information. This isn't normal, it's like they're trying to sneak their way into the normal lives not just with Shield and us." I take another slice of pizza.

"That's the biggest reason there is to just take them down!" Bucky stands up at this point and raises his voice slightly but I remain calm.

"Barnes, I understand but this could be bigger than what we think it is so taking them down ends it there. Whatever they're doing is a plan, I want to figure out that plan."

"If there's anyone that knows Hydra like the back of their hand it's me, I'm telling you to take them down." I finish my slice of pizza and wipe my hands and mouth before crossing my legs and looking up at him.

"I know you know Hydra, which is why I'm asking you to be second in command for the team I'm forming." Everyome gives me wide eyes, I would never willingly work with the man but it was the most logical decision in this.

"I can't believe you're just going to. Wait. Did you just ask me to work with you?"

"Second in command but yes. You know Hydra through and through besides who doesn't like good old revenge, all you've got to accept is that we will be doing things my way. I'm not opposed to hearing opinions or different options but it will be my way, what I says goes unless told otherwise. But you know them Barnes, that's why I need you in this one. And no fighting with me, even if I make a stupid decision according to you. Deal?" He doesn't respond for a long few moments until eventually he holds his hand out to me and I take it in my, we shake hands. He had accepted my deal and terms, maybe this time it would go a little more smoothly.

"I can't believe I'll be taking orders from you." Bucky let's go of my hand and shakes his head.

"It's no different from the war Barnes, you were great at taking orders back then." That's the first time I'd made him chuckle slightly and it brought me a small smile to my face until the moment was ruined by my phone ringing. Cody, that's when my smile turned into a full blown grin.

"Give me 2 minutes guys, I'll be back." That's when I grab my phone and head into the kitchen a little ways away from the sofa where everyone was sat.

"Cody?"

"Hey weirdo, didn't expect you to pick up. I thought you'd be busy working on whatever you've been working on."

"Ah well, actually. I've made a small break through which is great, I'm sorry I've not been around so much to talk."

"That's alright, I get it no need to worry. Besides, I still need to figure out what you do for a living."

"I told you I scrounge off my rich friend, besides I-" my phone gets snatched from my hand by none other than my rich friend himself.

"Tony!!"

"That's right, she does. Honestly, she's lucky I'm rich otherwise I'd be broke. Actually being rich I still think she's going to somehow make me broke." I roll my eyes at him and chase after him as he holds my phone.

"Tony, give me the phone!" He pushes me away with his arms and legs.

"Her job, well why dont you come to the work party this Friday. Meet everyone, find out who she is!" I give Tony a look of pure shock.

"You will, that's great! Can't wait to meet you!" I punch Tony where the sun doesn't shine and grab my ohoen as he doubled over.

"Hey Cody, I'm going to have to call you back later." I hang up the phone as Cody laughs and I look down at Tony with pure rage.

"Anthont Edward Stark you son of a bitch! I'm going to kill you!" Tony quickly rose from his position and started running from the room me hot on his tail, we ran into the living room when all of a sudden I'm grabbed around the waist by Bucky while Tony uses Steve as a human shield.

"Let me go, he deserves it!" Bucky keeps a firm grip around my waist as Tony cowers.

"No I do not, all I did was invite her boyfriend to the party Friday so he can meet us and find out who she is."

"Men don't like tough women Tony! At least men that date me, not to mention I'm technically an old woman, I didn't want him finding out who I was!" I launch for him again but Bucky holds onto me.

"Come on men dig tough, besides who wouldn't want to date Miss America?"

"Literally every man I've ever met Tony! Every man has never wanted to date Miss America, they also think it's pathetic of me to fight under my brother's shadow! This is why I don't date anymore and I found a guy who talked to me normally and went for it, but now all that is about to change thanks to you!" I'm hoisted off of the ground and carried out from the room into the hallway, placed back onto my feet and gripped at the shoulders. I come face to face with Bucky.

"Why do you care so much about this guy finding out?"

"He has a name, and it's Cody. And I care so much because I actually liked him, he treated me like a normal human being but he won't now. NO THANKS TO ST-" The end of my sentence is muffled by Bucky's hand as he forces me to stare at him.

"If this guy is so great, so caring and so kind as you say he is and treats you this way then he wouldn't let what you do or who you are in terms of Miss America get in the way of that. He should see you for you, but if he doesn't he's the dumbest man on the planet now calm down and relax. It's about time anyway." With that he let's go and walks away, Bucky as much as I hated to admit it was somewhat right. Just because I'm Miss America doesn't mean his views and thoughts on me should change but what if they did then I'm screwed.