Chapter 71: First Kiss!?

"So, what did I say? It's one hell of a spectacular view, isn't it?" Asked Pharaoh lightly with a smile as he turned and glanced at Sara, who was silently staring out into space.

"Spectacular doesn't do it justice; this is otherworldly." Said Sara softly in awe as she glanced at Earth.

"Heh, I don't know whether that was on purpose or not, but good pun. Though yeah, you're not wrong; this is something I'll never forget." Remarked Pharaoh with a slight smirk as he looked at Earth alongside Sara.

Sara and I were currently sitting on the moon, observing the beauty outer space had to offer; we'd been here for a few minutes already, though neither of us looked to be bored at all. I mean, when you get to see a view like this, how could anyone ever get bored? The sight of the Earth just floating in the void of space, circling a big ball of burning gas, gave you a slight existential crisis; it allowed you to somewhat realize how small and truly insignificant we are in this vast and infinite universe.

'Though, I do wonder: where is Krypton? Or, where was Krypton?' Mused Pharaoh as he looked up at the sea of shining stars, spotting the constellation Orion.

"Sara, want to play a little prank on the world?" Asked Pharaoh with a smirk as he suddenly stood up and dusted his clothes off while holding Sara's hand, which he had been doing constantly.

"Hmm, I'm listening." Replied Sara thoughtfully before nodding and standing up with Tut's help.

Smirking, I looked around and through the moon until I found what I was looking for; flying around the moon, Sara and I landed several miles away, right beside the U.S. flag.

'You can even see the footprints of the astronauts that first landed on the moon.' Thought Pharaoh with a slight smile as he glanced at the large footprint of a boot.

"So, do you plan to mess with the flag, Pharaoh?" Asked Sara curiously as she glanced at the flag, which was older than both her and Tut combined.

I didn't respond to Sara and instead lifted the flag; flipping it, I stabbed the flag pole back into the ground; it wasn't much, but imagine when the people of Earth see what happened, they'll be freaked out.

"Aliens!" Yelled Tut with a fake scared expression as he backed away from the flag pole, causing Sara to roll her eyes and chuckle.

"Really, Pharaoh? You're so stupid sometimes." Remarked Sar lightly with a shake of her head, causing Tut to smirk.

"Oh c'mon, it'll be funny; imagine all the organizations and governments, when they look up at the moon, only to spot the U.S. flag pole, which hasn't moved in the last half century or so, to be suddenly upside down? They're instantly going to think Aliens." Replied Tut with a smirk as he turned and looked at Earth.

"Besides, to every nation other than the U.S. given the definition of Alien, they technically would not be wrong." Added Tut with a smile as he looked back at Sara, who gave him an unamused blank stare.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Mister Alien." Said Sara with a nod while air quoting as she sat back down, while Tut chuckled.

Sitting back on the ground, we again descended into silence as the two of us observed Earth, which looked so lonely from up here.

"Hey, Tut?" Asked Sara softly as she leaned against Tut.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"How are we speaking right now? I thought no sound could travel through outer space since there was no medium for sound to travel through." Questioned Sara curiously as she rested her head on Tut's shoulder, inadvertently causing his heart to speed up slightly.