Introduction

I wrote this 3 years ago, and published it on AO3 a few weeks before "Spider-Man: No Way Home" came out. This is my own idea of what would happen if the mid-credits scene in "Far From Home" didn't happen.

Well, it kinda happens, but some unknown party intervenes!

From there, Peter's journey through the rest of high school, managing his double-life as Spider-Man, and his developing relationship with MJ.

Again, I owe a big thanks to XFangHeartX for helping me.

I own nothing from Spider-Man or Marvel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A group of four thugs chased a woman into an alleyway, where she was cornered.

She turned to them, horrified, "Please no, I've got kids."

"I gotta dog," One of the thugs scoffed.

"You gotta dog? That's a homer, man!" Another one laughed, while the others chuckled.

Just as one of them pulled out a knife from his pocket, a white string stuck to his leg and pulled him up! The other three looked up in shock before a familiar guy in a red and black costume landed in front of the woman.

"I envy you guys, you're just happy being walking clichés. Not a care in the world. Seriously, good for you, but come on guys, leave the lady alone."

"Holy crap!" cursed one of the thugs. "It's that Spider-Guy!"

"Spider-MAN, get it right!"

Two of them rushed him, but he simply front-flipped over their heads, fired two weblines at one of the surrounding buildings, stuck them to their back, and they got pulled up, webbed to the wall.

The last guy held up his hands, "Hey, I don' even like these guys, cuz!"

"Promise to never do something like this again, and I might let you go."

"Yeah, for sure, man!" replied the last one. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I...I just got caught up in all this because I was trying to help my Mom, man."

"If you went to jail because of this, you'd only make things harder for your mom," the arachnid-themed hero replied.

The job done, the red-and-black-suited Spider-Man soon shot out a web and pulled himself onto a rooftop.

Things had been going great for Peter lately, which was a Godsend considering that two months ago, the late Quentin Beck, AKA Mysterio tried to frame him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was in his costume on a lamppost as a news broadcast on the big screen outside Madison Square Garden said that he killed Mysterio and was responsible for the destruction in London.

He and MJ, who was watching from the street, knew that the video they just saw was fake, but the people didn't. Even in death, Beck was trying to prove that people are sheep who will believe anything.

Still...the sight made Peter feel very angry. So angry, that all he could do was clench his fists and bite his lip.

"This shocking video was released earlier today on the controversial news website, The Daily Bugle.net," The news caster said, before the logo for The Daily Bugle came on the screen, then shifted to the CEO of the website, J. Jonah Jameson.