Chapter 12: The Clone Saga

~One Week Later~

It was now Spring Break, and all the students of Midtown Tech were enjoying their time off!

"So, any Spring Break plans?" Ned asked as he walked with Peter.

He shrugged in response, "Not really. I do know I wanna spend time with MJ, but..."

"Dude, you two are practically always joined at the hip!" Ned joked.

Peter blushed heavily as they came close to MJ's apartment, "We're not THAT bad!"

"I've heard that before," Ned quipped.

"At least we don't do all those pet-names you and Betty did," Peter countered.

"Touché Parker, touché," Ned replied.

They saw MJ and Caleb at the park across from their apartment, playing basketball. She'd gotten her hair trimmed a bit, but still had that unruly, curly look with one strand hanging on the right side of her face, and in her ponytail. She was wearing a light grey sleeveless tank, black Adidas workout pants with white stripes on the sides, and purple Adidas shoes. Caleb was a black and white jersey with red numbers, red shorts and Air Jordan's.

"MJ!" Peter called, getting her attention.

"Hey, Peter! Hey, Ned!" MJ waved as she caught the ball. She then shot a three and made it!

"I didn't know she could play B-Ball," Ned whispered.

"In my spare time, I do," MJ said. "So what's up?"

"Spring Break, duh," Ned replied.

"Ah, right," MJ said. "I'm guessing you guys have plans, too?"

"Not really," Peter answered. "Just wingin' it, really."

"Yeah, same here," she replied, before Caleb stole the ball, ran to the other hoop and did a layup!

"Oh!" Peter and Ned exclaimed while MJ smirked.

"Not bad," she said.

"What happened to "Always keep your guard up" Misha?" Caleb quipped.

"Oh okay," MJ had a challenging tone as he passed her the ball.

"Do her signature dunk, then we'll be impressed!" A new voice taunted. It was an African-American kid the same age as Caleb, with somewhat curly black hair and brown eyes. He wore a Lakers jersey, and not just any; number 24, Kobe Bryant.

"What up, Miles!" Caleb bumped fists with the boy.

"Hey, 'sup Caleb?" Miles asked. "How've you been?"

"I'm great!" Caleb replied.

"Hey kid, bout time you came back," MJ said.

"Who's your friend, MJ?" asked Peter.

"This is Miles Morales, he and his family live in Brooklyn," she answered. "His Uncle lives in our building."

"Hey Pete, two-on-two?" Caleb asked. "I know you got the reflexes for it!"

"You're on!" Peter exclaimed. "I'll go easy on ya!"

To make it fair, Peter with Caleb, MJ with Miles.

Peter blocked MJ from getting past him, but she passed the ball between his legs to Miles, who had just run past them. He caught the ball and scored!

Caleb got the ball, slipped past Miles and passed to Peter. MJ blocked him, but he maneuvered the ball around her head as he held it, confusing her and making her turn her back to him. Being cheeky, he bounced the ball off the back of her head, making Caleb, Miles and Ned go "OOOHH~".