Notes

Whassup guys?!

I wrote some notes about this story on AO3, but I didn't originally intend to put it here. But I decided to do it anyway.

First, let me explain how and why I wrote this...

It didn't start as a "Fix-It" for No Way Home, but it kinda morphed into that. It was more of a "Fix-It" for the Far From Home mid-credits scene. I mean seriously, why would the writers choose to have that happen?! Mysterio pulls the lowest sore loser move by ruining Peter's life?! He's not even a household name around New York City quite yet, and now his reputation is ruined!

I saw a lot of people were upset about it and I loved most of the stories on AO3 I've seen where it's changed. Even those that are set directly after Homecoming and before Infinity War.

Now, regarding NWH as a movie; it was good. It was clearly a nostalgia trip for those of us who grew up with Tobey and Andrew's movies. However, when Aunt May died, that's when the movie started to go downhill. The fight at the Statue of Liberty was great as well, but again; the ending pissed me off! I'm not saying he's to blame, but it's like the "Tobey Maguire Curse" leaked into No Way Home. Cause, if you think about it; the first two movies did end with final web-swinging scenes, but none of Tobey's Spider-Man movies ended on a high/happy-note.

In the first movie, he rejects Mary Jane when she says she loves him, then he's pining for her throughout the second movie, and he starts losing his powers when he sees her together with John Jameson! I'm thinking "Peter, you rejected your chance to be with her, you moron!" Spider-Man 2 almost had a happy ending, until we see Mary Jane watching with worry. And Spider-Man 3 kinda had a bittersweet ending, but still not a high-note.

Now, I find it a little ridiculous that Strange messed up the spell just because Peter was distracting him. If the guy is so gifted at magic, then distractions shouldn't be a hinderance. And the movie got a lot of things wrong from the previous movies; not all of those villains died fighting Spider-Man. Only Goblin did when he tried to impale him with his glider. Octavius broke free of his arms controlling him and drowned himself along with his machine; he died a hero. Sandman didn't die AT ALL, and Harry died saving Peter from getting killed by Topher Grace's Venom. He didn't die after he tried to kill Peter.

And none of the villains from Andrew's movies died, not even Electro. I suspected for a long time that he would be able to put himself back together after he exploded, he even confirmed that in NWH.

And the ending was absolutely heartbreaking! I was so mad, I didn't even stay for the post-credit scene! Peter, MJ and Ned as a trio was the best thing about the "Home Trilogy". Now, Peter is all alone, he just lost his aunt, and now he doesn't even have the only people he had left in his life there to comfort him anymore! WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT?! AND WHO CARES IF THINGS ARE LOOKING SOMEWHAT UP FOR MJ AND NED; THEY'VE GOTTA REALIZE THAT IT FEELS LIKE THERE'S SOMETHING IMPORTANT MISSING FROM THEIR LIVES!

THIS IS THE WORST ENDING TO A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN, AND I WILL BE CURSING THIS MOVIE UNTIL THE END OF TIME!!! AND I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT ABOUT A SPIDER-MAN MOVIE! FUCK YOU JON WATTS, FUCK YOU WRITERS OF THE MOVIE, FUCK YOU KEVIN FIEGE, AND FUCK YOU MARVEL STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*whew* ...Wow...I haven't yelled about that movie so much since the first time I saw it... Anyway, they better find a way to fix this in the future and not drop MJ and Ned's characters from the movies. Jacob Batalon is a talented actor in his own right, but Zendaya is a fucking two-time Emmy winner and know doubt gonna win an Oscar for "Challengers"! Getting rid of someone like her would be another dumb decision.

And Marvel Studios has made a lot of dumb decisions: not bringing back Betty Ross to be Bruce Banner's love interest, teasing at a romance between Bruce and Black Widow only to drop it. Teasing that Samuel Stern would become The Leader, only to have him dealt with in a comic tied to the movies. Killing Quicksilver after he's first introduced in Age of Ultron, just because there was another version of the character in X-Men movies. Lazy-fucking-writing! And that whole sacrifice thing with the Soul Stone; that wasn't in the comics!

I'm sure a lot of people are sick of this ongoing trope that superheroes can't be happy; it seemed like Tobey and Andrew's Peter Parkers were in that emotional-state. But fuck that, Spider-Man doesn't HAVE to be alone.

Now, there is a sequel to this on AO3, but it's not finished yet. Let me know if you guys would like to read it here!

Anyway, that's everything! I hope you guys enjoyed the story as much as I did making it!