Chapter 8: First Christmas Together

Five days until Christmas!

The city was a-buzz with Christmas lights, songs, and the spirit...for the most part. But it didn't stop typical New York rudeness, especially with people shopping more like maniacs.

Luckily, that didn't stop the Parker and Jones families from enjoying the holiday.

Peter and MJ were both especially excited. Since it was their first Christmas as a couple.

MJ worked some extra shifts at the F.E.A.S.T. Center, which she enjoyed, but she also got a part-time job at Brooklyn's Peter Pan Donut & Pastry Shop, just to earn some cash.

They actually gave some really good tips, too!

But, even with Christmas around the corner; MJ was mostly focused on sorting through her feelings ever since Peter said he loved her. She'd let Peter and Ned in on a certain level, even more so when she told the former why she'd built up her emotional wall. That was a big step for her, but returning Peter's feelings...that was huge...!

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't hear a customer walk in, until they said something.

"Oh, sorry. What can I-" MJ's voice trailed off and her eyes widened when she saw who was standing in front of her...

Pepper Potts Stark!

MJ tried to speak, but no words came out of her mouth. She was meeting one of her idols and she hadn't expected to.

Said woman smiled at her, "You must be Michelle. It's nice to finally meet you."

MJ managed to gain her wits back and shook the woman's hand.

"I guess Peter's told you about me."

"You're practically all he talks about, nowadays," Pepper commented, making MJ blush a bit.

She ordered some coffee, then MJ got off work so they left together. They both had some Christmas shopping to do, anyway.

~~~~~~~Scene Change~~~~~~~~

At the Parker's apartment, Peter was wrapping MJ's present.

"Well, someone's been a busy elf, this time of year," said May.

Peter smiled bashfully, "I just really hope she loves this."

"Well, what is it?" May asked.

"Plushies of Espeon and Umbreon," he answered.

May looked skeptical, "MJ likes Pokémon?"

"I was surprised too," Peter replied. "Her grandmother was a seamstress, and she actually made her some plushies of Umbreon and Espeon herself when she was little, since they were her favorite."

"Aww~! May gushed at that.

"But, her uncle's dog got a hold them once...and they got destroyed," Peter continued sadly. "She was really upset."

"Oh, well, that happens with dogs, especially young ones," May said.

"Now, these weren't made by her grandmother, but I got her new plushies of those same Pokémon," Peter finished, smiling.

May smiled, placing her hands on her heart, "Peter, that's so sweet."

"Thanks, May," said Peter as he finished wrapping up MJ's gifts. "Oh, almost forgot; Aaron said he can spend the holiday with us. Otherwise, he'd be by himself."

"So, I'm finally gonna meet the mysterious Aaron," May commented.

"You'll probably like him," said Peter.