P.J | JEALOUSY, JEALOUS

PERCY JACKSON'S POV :

-

In the bustling halls of Camp Half-Blood, where the scent of fresh ocean air mingled with the crackling energy of demigods in training, Percy Jackson found himself grappling with emotions he never thought he'd have to face: jealousy.

He watched from a distance as Y/N laughed at something Luke said, her eyes sparkling with amusement as she leaned against him. A pang of unease twisted in Percy's gut as he watched their easy camaraderie, a gnawing sense of insecurity creeping into his thoughts.

They had been dating for months now, their bond forged in the fires of battle and strengthened by shared triumphs and defeats. But lately, Percy couldn't shake the feeling that something had changed between them, that Y/N's growing friendship with Luke threatened to overshadow their own relationship.

As the days passed, Percy found himself withdrawing into himself, his insecurities festering like a wound that refused to heal. He tried to ignore the lingering glances Y/N exchanged with Luke, the way her laughter seemed to ring a little too brightly in his ears whenever they were together.

One afternoon, as Percy sat by the edge of the lake, his thoughts consumed by doubt and fear, Y/N approached him with a concerned expression on her face. "Percy, what's wrong?" she asked, her voice soft with worry as she took a seat beside him.

Percy hesitated, his heart heavy with the weight of his unspoken fears. "It's nothing," he muttered, avoiding her gaze as he skipped a pebble across the surface of the water.

But it wasn't nothing. It was everything. It was the way Y/N's laughter echoed in his ears like a taunt, the way her smiles seemed to be reserved for everyone but him. It was the way Luke hovered around her like a shadow, always there, always lurking, always threatening to steal her away.

Y/N sighed, her hand reaching out to gently cup Percy's chin, forcing him to meet her eyes. "Percy, you can talk to me. I'm here for you."

With a heavy sigh, Percy finally relented, his words tumbling out in a rush. "I'm just... I'm afraid, Y/N. Afraid that I'm not enough for you. That maybe... maybe you'd be better off with someone like Luke."

Y/N's eyes softened with understanding as she reached out to take Percy's hand in her own. "Percy, listen to me. You are more than enough. You're brave, and kind, and fiercely loyal. You're everything I've ever wanted."

But Percy couldn't shake the feeling of resentment that gnawed at him from within. "What about Luke?" he snapped, his voice laced with anger and frustration.

Y/N's expression darkened, hurt flashing in her eyes as she pulled away from him, her voice tinged with disappointment. "Luke is just a friend, Percy. Can't you see that? Can't you see that it's you I love?"

But Percy was blinded by his jealousy, his mind clouded by doubt and insecurity. "I don't know if I can believe that," he muttered, his voice barely above a whisper as he turned away, unable to face the truth that lay before him.

And as Percy disappeared into the shadows, Y/N was left alone by the edge of the lake, her heart heavy with sorrow as she watched him go. She knew that their love was strong enough to weather any storm, but she also knew that sometimes, love wasn't enough to heal the wounds that jealousy had wrought.

- A LITTLE WHILE LATER. . . -

Days passed, each one heavier than the last as the tension between Percy and Y/N hung in the air like a stormcloud waiting to unleash its fury. They moved through their routines at Camp Half-Blood, their interactions strained and distant, their hearts weighed down by the weight of their unspoken words.

But as the days turned into weeks, Percy found himself haunted by memories of the moments he and Y/N had shared together. He remembered the way her smile had lit up the darkness, the warmth of her touch against his skin, the way she had looked at him as if he were the only person in the world.

And as he watched Y/N from afar, he realized with a pang of regret that he had let his jealousy consume him, that he had allowed his fears to drive a wedge between them. He knew that he had to make things right, that he couldn't bear the thought of losing her because of his own foolish pride.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon and the campfire crackled in the cool night air, Percy approached Y/N with a determined expression on his face. "Y/N, we need to talk," he said, his voice steady despite the turmoil raging within him.

Y/N looked up from where she sat by the fire, her eyes guarded but hopeful. "What is it, Percy?"

Percy took a deep breath, steeling himself for what he knew would be a difficult conversation. "I'm sorry," he began, his voice raw with emotion. "I'm sorry for letting my jealousy get the best of me. I'm sorry for doubting you, for doubting us. I know now that I was wrong, that you're the only one I want."

Y/N's eyes softened with relief as she reached out to take Percy's hand in her own. "Percy, I forgive you," she whispered, her voice filled with love and understanding. "I understand why you felt the way you did, but you have to trust me when I say that you're the only one for me. I love you, Percy Jackson, with all my heart."

And in that moment, beneath the stars that twinkled in the night sky like a thousand diamonds, Percy and Y/N knew that their love was stronger than any obstacle, that together, they could overcome anything that stood in their way. As they embraced, the weight of their doubts and fears melted away, leaving nothing but the warmth of their love to light the darkness that had threatened to tear them apart.

-

——

————-

HI IM BACK DO WE LIKE THIS CHAPTER?!

XOXO , A 💋