𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

ʟᴇɪʟᴀɴɪ ᴍᴀʜᴇʟᴏɴᴀ

Being disrespected in a language I didn't know certainly put me in a twist. I wasn't expecting to meet Santiago's mother today of all days and I wasn't expecting her to hate me either.

Leilani is wonderful, smart, funny, and beautiful in every way possible.

But the way Santiago stood up for me tonight...

I don't think I've ever heard someone describe me in such a sweet way. In such a way that made me feel so special.

Santiago couldn't say a word to me without a swift apology following after. When we arrived home, he promptly headed towards his room.

When I got to my room, I quickly thought about calling my best friend. But then I remembered that I was supposed to be mad at her, so I decided to dial Camille instead. 

Before I dialed Camille, I saw Desire and David's contacts below. Wow. It's been a while since I've spoken to either of them. We weren't exactly close, but they were definitely my friends. Or at least I thought they were. Maybe I should call them later.

I press Camille's contact and wait for her to answer. On the second to last ring, she picks up the phone. "I just laid down for my second nap of the day," she muttered.

I hum in response. "With Aidan as your main boss, I never figured you'd get a chance to nap."

"Haha," she responds, dryly. "What do you want?"

I sigh. "I met Santiago's mom."

"Wait, hold up. What?"

"I met his mom, and she hates me."

"What happened?" she asks. "Did she show up randomly at the office or something? Wait, no, Danny would've told me. So that means she would've shown up at his house. Meaning you were at Santiago's house!"

I roll my eyes as she continues to babble. "Will you allow me to tell you the full story?"

"Carry on."

"So, I returned to my apartment to find a naked man in my bed-"

"Hello, the beginning of a Hallmark movie."

I sigh. "Camille, I am so close to hanging up on you."

"Wait, wait! I'm interested now. No interruptions, I promise. Continue on," Camille begged.

"Well, when I saw the naked man there, I almost attacked him with my purse. Soon Aolani walked in with breakfast. Turns out it was some trashy one-night-stand she had in my bed."

"Eugh, that is disgusting."

"I know right? I sleep in that bed for heaven's sake. But, anyway, I left and somehow showed up at Santiago's doorstep. I had nowhere else to go."