𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬?

ꜱᴀɴᴛɪᴀɢᴏ ᴀʟᴠᴀʀᴏ

I figured that giving Leilani the next two days off would give me time to clear my mind. To make me ignore the feelings that she's rising in me. It's like I can't even function without her nearby.

But showing up at my door with a suitcase and a desperate look on her face. I couldn't turn her away.

"So, what happened?" I ask, letting her in.

"I found some random man in my bed."

My body stills as I arch an eyebrow at her. "What."

"I didn't know him," she clarifies. "He's a friend of Aolani. They hooked up in my bed, unfortunately."

She grimaces as she lifts her suitcase. "Thanks for letting me stay here. I promise you won't even know that I'm here."

"That will be impossible," I smile.

She looks a little offended. "Okay, I know I can be a little talkative sometimes, but at home, I'm as quiet as a mouse. I'll probably be in my room the entire time."

"No. I'll know. I could hear you breathe, and it drives me crazy. It is impossible to ignore you, hermosa."

She shuts her mouth, and she swallows. "W-Well...I'll try to be as least distracting as I can."

I don't think that's possible.

I grabbed her suitcase from her and led her up to the guest room she stayed in the last time she was here.

"Thanks again for letting me stay here," she says. "I was planning on taking a nap if you didn't mind."

Maybe I could stay here with you?

"No-Ye-Yeah...you can. Of course. You can do whatever you want." I stutter and I absolutely hate myself, but she laughs, and it makes me feel instantly better.

I set her suitcase down. "I was planning to leave soon. But I'll be back later, and I'll cook us some dinner." She smiles and looks away.

"You're lucky I like food, Santi or I wouldn't forgive you for leaving me alone so soon."

"Trust me, hermosa, I don't want to leave," I say, walking near her. I cup her cheeks and peck her lips. "I'll be back and cook you anything you want."

"Mhm, my very own Nara Smith," she muses.

"Who?"

She looks shocked. "Okay, Alvaro, there's a lot we need to catch you up on." She kisses me quickly. "Go. I'll see you later."

Thirty minutes later, I arrived at Julian's house. "Well, hello there, Santiago," Renee purred when she opened the door.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't like Renee. I never have. When Julian and her first got together, I gave it two months. They lasted longer than two months and I've been praying for their downfall ever since.