𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧

ʟᴇɪʟᴀɴɪ ᴍᴀʜᴇʟᴏɴᴀ

Annoyance and jealousy pumped through every step I took to my office.

"When Evelyn sends you the details about the conference, book the flights."

I remember answering the phone for Evelyn.

"Hello?" I asked in my monotone professional voice.

"Hm, a new assistant again?" I hear a feminine voice tease. "Figures."

My head cocks at the judgment lacing her voice. "Yes. My name is Leilani Mahelona. How may I assist you today?"

"Exotic. I bet he loves that." Hearing that makes my heart race a little before I quickly calm down.

"Transfer for me to Santiago, will you?" she says and it's like her voice has a melody to it. It's a secret siren song that sways you. 

It pisses me off.

I open my door and see Danny and Cami sitting near my desk with a takeout box. "I thought you were joining us for lunch," Cami says while I close the door.

I sigh and sink against the door. "I need a strong-ass drink."

"It's barely 12," Cami says.

"It is never too early for a drink, lovely," Danny purrs. He reaches into his bag around his waist and pulls out a flask. He stretches out his hand to me.

"I wasn't serious, Daniel!" I screech.

Danny shrugs and puts the drink back in his bag. "I don't joke about alcohol, gorgeous. I'm always prepared."

"So, what's got you in a twist, Lei?" Cami asks.

"I need you guys to tell me everything you know about Evelyn," I deadpan.

Danny gasps. "Oh! I love Evelyn! She was such an icon. She's also a bitch, but it was always hard to be mad at her."

I roll my eyes. "And? What else?"

Danny smirks and crosses his legs. He gives me a look before speaking. "And what exactly are you trying to figure out about her?"

"You told me bits and pieces about her relationship with Mr. Alvaro..." I say, keeping my voice light. "What exactly went down with them?"

Cami raises an eyebrow. "Why do you want to know?"

I raise my eyes to her, and she gives me a hard Mom stare. I look away at Danny and he's smirking at me. I groan and rest my face in my hands.

"I noticed you're wearing something a little more different today, Lei-Lei," Danny smears. "Something a little scandalous."

Cami runs his eyes over me. "Low V-neck. A nice slit down the middle."