13||Home from where?

Jiyeons pov

***Flashback***

The exhaustion from the ceremony clung to me like a second skin. Dragging myself across the living room, I collapsed onto the couch, my head sinking into Changbin's lap with a sigh. His gaze flickered up from his phone, and in an instant, it was tossed aside, forgotten.

"My love!" he exclaimed, his voice laced with concern as his hands brushed away a stray strand of hair. "What's wrong? Are you feeling alright?"

"Just tired," I murmured, closing my eyes as his touch sent a wave of relaxation washing over me. Changbin was the only person who could soothe every ache and worry with a single caress.

"A nice bath might do the trick then," he suggested, his fingers working magic on my tired shoulders, eliciting a contented moan from my lips.

"No, no," I protested weakly, "not yet. Your massages are too good to stop now."

He chuckled, the sound a rich melody to my ears. "Alright, alright," he conceded, leaning down to plant a kiss on my nose. "But the grumpy princess needs to be clean eventually, doesn't she?"

A playful pout formed on my lips. "Not the princess! My eyes are too heavy to even open them." And with a dramatic sigh, I shut them again, reveling in the comfort of his presence.

His hands were like a balm, soothing away the tension knot by knot. Changbin, my own personal masseuse and stress therapist all rolled into one. And oh, how handsome he looked doing it! Even with his hair slightly ruffled from running his hand through it in frustration earlier.

"Look at me, sleepyhead," he teased, a playful glint in his eyes. "Look at my gorgeous prince face and be instantly rejuvenated!"

A giggle escaped my lips as I peeked open one eye. There he was, my very own prince charming, his cheeks puffed out in a mock-heroic pose. He was so ridiculously cute, it made my heart melt.

"You know," I murmured, a mischievous glint sparking in my own eye, "your face is more likely to get a kiss or a playful pinch right now."

Changbin burst out laughing, his hands finding my cheeks and gently squeezing them. "My adorable dumpling!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with adoration.

"Hey!" I swatted his hands away playfully, feigning offense. But a moment later, a serious question bubbled up inside me. Leaning up on my elbows, I met his gaze with a touch of worry.

"Binnie," I began, "what if... what if I just disappeared tomorrow?"

The carefree smile vanished from his face, replaced by a sudden flash of worry. His eyes darkened, and for a moment, the playful Changbin was gone, replaced by a fierce protectiveness that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Jiyeon," he said, his voice low and intense, "what kind of question is that?"

I saw the flicker of fear in his eyes, a fear that mirrored my own unspoken one. The fear of losing each other. But before I could answer, I pouted, knowing exactly how to get him to loosen up.

"Just answer me, Mr. Grumpy Pants!" I whined, my voice thick with fake tears.

Changbin sighed, a helpless smile gracing his lips. He reached up, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear with a tenderness that took my breath away "Every second without you," he murmured, his voice a husky whisper against my ear, "would feel like an entire lifetime stolen. Darker than the deepest ocean trench, colder than a forgotten memory. A darker morning than the darkest night"