Chapter 60

Momo opened her eyes, Io was waking her up. "Time to get up," Io said as open the curtains and let the sunlight in. Momo stretches her body as she yawns. "Where's Ayato?" she asked, still feeling a bit groggy. "My lady what are you talking about" she answered. Momo snapped out of it "Ah never mind" she blushed a bit.

"Milady no offence you do smell weird," Io said. Then it hit Momo, she had her first love making with Ayato last night. Her face turned red and she tried to cover it with a pillow. "I-I know" she stammers. "Are you ok?" Io asked her. "I-I'm fine just give me a moment," she said.

"Ok I will get your bath ready," Io said as she went to the bathroom. Momo slowly got up. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. The events of last night and the dream of Ayato's past flooded her mind making her heart race and her cheeks burn.

As she walked into the bathroom, the warm, steamy air enveloped her. Io had already drawn a bath, filling it with fragrant, rose-petal-infused water.

The scent was intoxicating, calming her nerves and easing her embarrassment. She slipped into the tub, letting out a contented sigh. The water felt so good against her skin, washing away not only the sweat and grime but also the lingering traces of her first time.

Somewhere far away in a diffirent nation

A 10 year old inazumen girl was in the orphanage library. Takeshi Hairi was reading a fairy tale book about a prince and a princess who live happily ever after. She was so engrossed in the story that she didn't notice the silence that had fallen around her.

Suddenly, the orphanage director enters the library. It was a tall woman her eyes were black with red "X"-shaped pupils. She has layered black and white hair with an off-center part, asymmetrical side bangs with the locks on the right extending to her shoulders, long bangs, and a long, thin, low ponytail tied with a red-accented black ribbon.

"There you are Hairi, I've been looking for you," the orphanage director said, Hairi looked up at her. "Hello Father," Hairi said. The director looked at her with a nice smile. "What are you doing here by yourself the children are playing outside?" She asked Hairi

"I was just reading a book," Hairi said as she showed the book to him. Arlecchino looked at the book and smiled "The children love reading this book" she said  as she took the book and flipped through the pages.

Arlecchino also known by her code name The Knave, is the Fourth of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers and the director of the House of the Hearth orphanage. She is addressed as "Father" by members of the House, whom she calls her "children."

The picture is not mine

-

"You know Hairi, I always thought you were special." The Knave said as she sat next to Hairi. "You remind me of someone very dear to me. Someone who was just like you, full of hope and determination." The director's voice trailed off, her gaze distant. "but that was a long time ago"

She then looks at the view of the landscape of mountains, flowers, riverbanks and waterfalls of Fontaine.

"Beautiful isn't it Hairi," she said toward the view

"Beautiful isn't it Hairi," she said toward the view. "But you know... life is full of unexpected turns and sometimes, we are forced to make choices we never thought we would." Arlecchino paused, her expression solemn. "But you, Hairi... you can overcome anything, you have a destiny, a purpose and I want you to be ready for it."

"Just like Lyney, Lynette and Freminet right Father," Hairi said with a smile. The director laughs a bit "Yes, just like your older siblings even if you're not related to them by blood. Lyney and Lynette are amazing magicians, while Freminet loves being a diver wandering around underwater. But you, Hairi... you are different. You have a special gift."

Arlecchino's voice was soft, yet full of conviction. "You see, Hairi, there are forces in the world. Forces of darkness and light and sometimes, people like your siblings are called upon to stand between them. To protect the innocent, to defend what is good and right."

Hairi listened intently, her heart racing with excitement and fear. She wanted to be one of those heroes, to make a difference in the world. "But I don't have a vision like them" she whispered.

The Knave nodded understandingly. "I know, my dear. It can be confusing, but I believe that you will have a vision of your own one day and when you do, you must be ready to face whatever challenges come your way." Her dark hand squeezed Hairi's gently. "And remember, you are never alone. You have me, and all the other siblings. We will guide you, protect you, and help you in any way we can." Hairi smiled at The Knave's words and thanked her.

"Have they returned from their mission Father?" Hairi asked her voice cracked a little. The Knave smiled and shook her head. "Not yet my dear, but they will soon. In the meantime come outside and play with the children"

Hairi followed "Father's" advice and joined the other children outside.

Back at Inazuma

A big rickshaw with two drivers and an air carrier was at the front gate of Matsumoto estate. The servants we helping the family upload their belongings on the air carrier.

"Please take care of the house while we are gone" Nanami addressing the servants. "Yes Milady" the servants replied. Nanami then climbed in the big rickshaw with Momo and Chika climbed behind her.

"Are you sure you will be fine on your own?" Hiro asked Sayuri. "Yes, I'll be fine my family will come visit me," Sayuri said to him with a smile, then he kissed her and he climbed in the rickshaw. "Take care of yourself, my love."

The servants and Sayuri waved goodbye as the big rickshaw slowly pulled away.

The ride to Ritou took half an hour. As they finally reached the docks, they all got out of the rickshaw and headed to the transportation boat, the air carrier was following them.

"Is this the boat to Sumeru?" Nanami asked the owner of the boat. "Yes, it is milady," he replied. The family boards the boat along with the air carrier.

The journey across the ocean to Sumeru will take them two days, so they settle in for the long haul.

-

Notes

Arlecchino, Lyney, Lynette, Freminet and The House of the Hearth are own by Hoyoverse