Chapter 75

It was even at the entertainment district where Madoka was walking to a private teahouse for her appointment, she and another Maiko were going to entertain several outlanders from diffirent nations.

She entered the teahouse and as she walked in, she noticed that it was already set up with a low table and cushions. The other Maiko was already there, dressed in her white makeup and traditional attire. Madoka takes a deep breath and adjusts her undo, making sure she looks presentable. The outlanders, mostly men and two women, were already seated on the cushions.

She bows in greeting and takes a seat across from them. The men look at her with appreciation, some of them even whispering to each other. The two women seemed to be more interested in the conversation between the men, occasionally chuckling at their jokes. 

Madoka takes this as a good sign, it means that they are relaxed and in a good mood. She pours drinks for everyone. They all thank her politely.

A young male customer from Mondstadt called Madoka over to his side. He had a friendly smile on his face. "My name is Randolph and this is my wife Lyra," he said, gesturing to the two women. "We're from Mondstadt and this is our first time visiting Inazuma. We've heard a lot about your performances and are looking forward to seeing you dance."

"It is an honour to meet you, Randolph and Lyra," Madoka replied, bowing gracefully. "I hope we can provide you with an enjoyable experience today." Randolph nodded in agreement. She and the other Maiko continue to chat with the customers for a while.

The men seemed to be more interested in her, asking questions about her life as a Maiko, the customs and traditions and the art of geisha dance. the other woman, on the other hand, appeared fascinated by the intricate designs on Madoka's kimono and the delicate movements of her hands when she poured tea.

A middle-aged woman who is the owner of the teahouse was carrying a Shamisen and asked Madoka and the other Maiko if one of them could dance. Madoka chose to go first. She and the owner went onto the small stage she kneeled while Madoka told the middle-aged her which dance she was going to do. 

The owner nodded as she put the Shamisen on her lap. Madoka stands in front of the customers. The music of the Shamisen fills the room as she starts to dance.

The men and women were all eyes on her, their breath caught in their throats as she moved gracefully across the stage. Her every step and gesture was precise and fluid, telling a story through dance that only the most attentive of audience members could hope to follow. Even Randolph's wife, Lyra, seemed transfixed by the performance.

As Madoka danced, she felt a deep connection to the music. It was as if their minds were linked, guiding each other through the intricate steps and movements. The rhythm of the shamisen filled her heart and soul, propelling her forward with an energy that was both powerful and effortless.

The customers seemed to lose themselves in the dance, their faces expressing a mix of wonder, awe, and perhaps even a touch of envy. They had come to Inazuma expecting to see many sights, but nothing could have prepared them for the grace and beauty of a Maiko's dance.