Chapter 74

Sayuri was relaxing in her bathtub, it's been a week since she told her personal maid that she is pregnant with her and Hiro's child. A few days later her brother Jiro and her sister-in-law Kamiko came to visit her.

Sayuri felt like it was the worse time for them to come visit since the pregnancy sickness has been kicking her ass. She knew she had to tell them. When they visited her she was still in her futon and she told them everything, there were mixed emotions.

Sayuri told them she knew it was the right place at the wrong time and she never planned for this to happen before the wedding. Jiro was glad that Hiro was the father, so at least it made things better. Kamiko was happy for Sayuri, she wanted to stay with her for emotional support when Sayuri told Hiro and his family when they got back from Sumeru.

As Sayuri was lying in the tub she was rubbing her stomach feeling the bump. She was going through her own mixed emotions and trying to understand how she was feeling. She was glad that she had her sister-in-law here but she knew that telling Hiro was going to be hard.

Kamiko came back with a cup of herbal tea. "Here this helps ease the sickness," her sister-in-law said. "Thank you," Sayuri said as she took a sip of the tea. "I still can't believe this is happening, I'm going to be a mother and I'm not even married yet," she said with a small laugh.

"You will be very soon," Kamiko said with a smile as she sat on the stool next to the tub. "And I'm sure Hiro will make a wonderful husband and father."

"I'm scared Kamiko," Sayuri said as tears came down her eyes. Kamiko holds her hand "I know, it's ok to be scared, I've been there, just remember that Hiro, I and the rest of the family will be here for you. You're going to be an amazing mother. You have so much love to give and you have such a strong support system. Just trust yourself, and trust your instincts. You've got this." as Kamiko comforts her, Sayuri feels a little better.

"Thanks, Kamiko, you always know how to make me feel better." Sayuri wipes her tears and takes a deep breath.

"Your mother told me the same thing when I was pregnant with Yuji, It was mostly her, Jiro and my maid that helped me get through those nine mouths. I lost my mother at a young age, so she stepped in even when she had her hands full with you" Kamiko said as laughed.

"Your mother and my maid were by my side when I was in labour the entire time since your brother was not allowed to be in our bedroom. It was very hard but they made it easier for me." Kamiko said as she smiled remembering those days. 

"Sayuri you're going to be just fine. I'm sure Hiro will be just as excited as you are, it a good thing that your wedding is very close" Kamiko added with a smile.

"I know... I love Hiro with all my heart, and... I know he loves me too" Sayuri cried, her voice filled with uncertainty.

Kamiko gently wiped away her tears, "Yes, he does. You can feel it every time he looks at you the way he's been so supportive and protective of you since you've known each other, it's clear that he cares deeply. And when he finds out, I'm sure it will be one of the happiest moments of his life. You're going to make a wonderful family together."