Chapter 73

An hour later they made it to Port Ormos, the shaggy sumpter beast moved its way through the port as it headed to the docks.

The family got out of the carriage as they made it to the docks. Nanami looks around and sees there are no boats around. "No worries madam we just got here a bit early the boat should be coming soon," Cyno said to Nanami.

"Oh alright then let's just wait here then," Nanami said as she and the other family members sat on a nearby bench. Kimi and Yasuhiro walked a bit further down the dock, taking in the salty sea air and enjoying the view of the ocean. They could see the waves crashing against the rocks, and gulls flying overhead, their cries echoing through the air.

Momo and Hiro wanted to look around the marketplace. Cyno came with them just in case if there were any scammers around.

"There's a small shop that I want to show you," Cyno said to them as they followed him. They walk for a few minutes until they see a small shop that sells various types of inexpensive jewellery. "This is it," Cyno said as he knocked on the door that said closed.

An elderly man with gray hair and a wrinkled face opens the door and greets them. "Ah, General Mahamatra it's good to see again I see you brought outlanders with you," he said as he smiled.

"It's great to see you too, this is Momo and Hiro from Inazuma, they are here for some last-minute shopping before they head back home," Cyno said as he motioned for them to enter the shop.

The elderly man smiled warmly at them and invited them in. The shop was small and cozy, filled with various pieces of jewelry displayed on shelves and tables. There were necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and even some brooches and hairpins. The items were made of different materials like gold, silver, and gemstones, but they were all reasonably priced.

"My shop is closed for the day but I don't mind helping anyone who is a friend of Cyno," The man said with a smile. "These are all handcrafted by my family and me, so you won't find anything mass-produced here." He gestured for them to look around, and Momo and Hiro began to browse through the various items on display.

"Excuse me young man you look familiar what is your last name" the elderly man ask Hiro.

"It's Matusmoto Sir" Hiro answered him. The man begins to think then he realizes something. "Now I remember, I saw a picture of you in the Steambird newspapers." The man said as he walked closer to Hiro. "You're the Clan leader for your family, I read the article about your leadership ceremony" he added.

"Yes thats me sir its been a few months now and my wedding is coming up very shortly," Hiro said to him. "I'm honoured to meet you my lord are you interested in finding a gift for your bride" he asked Hiro.

"Well, that's very kind of you. I'm sure my fiancee would appreciate a gift from someone as respected as yourself." Hiro replied with a smile. The elderly man nodded and motioned for them to follow him to a small table in the corner of the shop. On the table was a beautiful hairpin stink with a gold and red topaz encrusted with small rubies

"This is a family heirloom, handed down through generations. It was meant for a young woman of great importance, someone who would carry on the family's legacy. I believe it would be perfect for your fiancee."

Hiro and Momo took a look at the hairpin "It is beautiful" Momo said. "How much is it" Hiro asked him.

"It is not for sale. It is my gift to you and your lovely fiancee. Just consider it a token of my respect and admiration for both of you. You are young, but you have already accomplished so much. I do not doubt that you will continue to lead your family and your people with wisdom and grace." The elderly man said with a kind smile. "Thank you very much, sir," Hiro said as he took the hairpin. "You have no idea how much this means to me".

"You're very welcome my lord and are you his sister" The elderly man asked Momo. "Yes I'm his twin sister" Momo answered. "Will my lady I think I have something that you would like I will be right back" the man said as he disappeared into the back of the shop. A few min later he returned with another beautiful hairpin stink with pink topaz and encrusted with small diamonds.

"This is another family heirloom, it was meant for a young woman who would bring joy and happiness. I believe it would be perfect for my lady" the man said as he presented the hairpin to Momo.

"It's beautiful sir thank you so much," Momo said "You welcome my lady this is also my gift to you, now let me put your hairpins in a box for you," the man said as he went to a small chest and took two small velvet boxes out and put the hairpins inside. "Thank you so much," Momo and Hiro said in unison.

"You're welcome, be safe on your journey back home," The man said "We will be on our way out I will see you later," Cyno said to the man as they left his shop. They made their way back to the docks. The transportation boat to Inazuma has arrived.

"The boat is here," Nanami said. The family boarded the boat with an air carrier following them, and after saying their goodbyes to Cyno, they began their two-day journey back to Inazuma. 

-

Notes

Cyno is owned by Hoyoverse