Chapter 62

"I can't wait to show off my new hairpin tonight," Madoka said excitedly.

As they arrived at the hair salon, they were greeted by the owner, a middle-aged woman named Yukari. She had been a Geisha herself in her youth and had retired to run the salon. Saki had been coming here for years and trusted Yukari to take care of her hair.

The salon was small and cozy, adorned with ornate decorations and traditional Inazumen artwork. The scent of incense filled the air, creating a calming atmosphere.

Madoka sat down on a stool, eager to show off her new hairpin. Yukari carefully inspected her hair, humming softly to herself as she thought about the best style to accentuate the accessory.

Saki, on the other hand, preferred something more subtle. She trusted Yukari to choose something that would suit her well.

As Yukari began to work on Saki's hair, she shared stories of her own experiences as a geisha. Madoka listened intently, taking in every word. She appreciated Yukari's insights and knew that they would serve her well as she continued on her path.

After Yukari does Saki's hair, she does Madoka's. Yukari asked her to go to the sink so she can wash her hair first. While washing her hair, Yukari explained how she would do her hair to make the hairpin stand out. After washing her hair, she sat down on the stool and Yukari started to comb her hair. Yukari asks her assistant to melt a bar of wax for her.

Yukari went to get hair oil and applied it to Madoka's hair. The assistant gives Yukari a bucket of hot melted wax. Yukari then dipped the comb into the wax and combed the wax into Madoka's hair.

The wax helps the hair hold still when doing a Maiko or a Geisha updo. Yukari continued to comb and put wax in her hair, making sure that it was evenly distributed.

She then starts to separate her hair into three sections. The left and right sections were parted into two smaller sections, while the middle section was left as one. Then she began to twist and pin the hair. She started with the middle section first, twisting it and pinning it up, then moving on to the left and right sections, twisting and pinning them in place as well.

Throughout the process, Yukari explained each step to Madoka, teaching her the techniques of the maiko updo. She showed her how to position hairpins in just the right spot, making sure it would stay securely in place. The wax-coated hair felt smooth and cool against Madoka's skin as Yukari worked her magic.

Once the hair was completely pinned up, Yukari put the hairpin in place, securing it with a small ribbon. She then stepped back to admire her work, a proud smile on her face. "There we are," she said, combing a few long stray strands of hair from Madoka's forehead. "You look absolutely lovely."

Madoka turned to the mirror, her heart racing with anticipation. The maiko updo style was perfect; the hairpin gleamed in the light, and she felt confident and elegant. "Thank you, Yukari," she breathed. "It's even more beautiful than I imagined."

Saki looked at Madoka's hair and felt a surge of pride. "The hairpin looks beautiful with your updo," she said, admiring the way the silver and gold colours complemented each other.

They made it back to the house. Gina, two older servants Akari and Emiko greeted them at the door. "Welcome home," They all said as they bowed to them "Hello girls," Saki said as she looked at them. "Has Cho finished training with Madam Seina?" she asked them.

"Yes, Madam Seina has already left, Cho is in the kitchen making dinner for us," Emiko said.

"Ok thank you we will be upstairs getting ready, Gina come watch Madoka do her makeup, our dresser should be coming soon" Saki said to them as she led Madoka and Gina upstairs.