Chapter 10 ~ Max

It feels like every other minute I'm loosing it. I think about everything I'm missing in my life. I think about the 'friends' I left behind who don't seem to care about me. I think of the so called family I left behind. I think about the future that no longer seemed as if it was mine. I feel as if I'm falling and there's no floor to catch me and I'll forever be falling.

Breath in
Breath out
Breath in

"You know, he's not going to like how short your skirt is?" I must have been standing here for a while now because I had no idea that he was even here. I finally let out the air I was holding in and roll my head to the side and take Zack in. He's wearing blue jeans and a grey top, from the time I've been here I've noticed  that he dresses pretty plain But it's suits him.

I look at myself in the mirror, it's a very old Cher. The lace crop top with black leather skirt that definitely way to short but fit me like a glove. My hair was curled and my make up was flawless. I can see him looking at me through the mirror "if my cousin has a problem with my skirt he's going to have to say it to my face."

Zach leans on the door frame "speaking of your cousin he wants to get going before your aunt and uncle come home. So we should probably get going." I grab my purse of my bed and open it to make sure I have everything I need in it. Once I locate my phone, wallet and smokes I close it and start walking to the door to Zach. Once I'm close enough Zach smirks at me and leans down to my ear and whispers "but I wasn't talking about your cousin."

I look at him curiously but before I could question him he was already walking down the stairs. Then who were we talking about?

———

Luke's parents are fucken rich! To be honest I think rich is an understatement. We pull up in front of a massive house on the opposite side of town, which let me tell you it's only fifth-teen minutes away. We aren't the first ones here, we step out of the truck and there's at least twenty cars or more cars parked out front. Henry and Zach move ahead of me towards the front door and enter inside. I move inside the house with them, there must be more than our class in here. As we move through the house there's kids I recognize but there are also some I don't. They look older than us but not by much.

Henry must have caught me staring at some as we pass by "the collage and university in Kelowna get out this week for thanksgiving break, so everyone is back home." Ahh that makes sense, we counting to push through the crowd of people till we finally made it to the kitchen. Mason and Luke are hanging around the island. But what really catches my attention is the guy there talking too. He's taller than both of them and older but not by much. He's blonde with medium length hair, he has a little stubble hanging around the bottom of his face. Henry, Zach and I walk over to them. Luke looks annoyed and if mason felt the same way he's not showing it on his face but the unknown guy looks very pleased.

When Luke see us walking over his face lights up but immediately it disappeared. Henry coughs slightly and the guy shifts his eye sight from Luke to Henry and Zach, then he notices me. His smile gets larger as his eyes go over every inch of my body. This kind of attention used to make me feel alive but for some reason his looking at me makes me feel sick. I push this feeling down and smile at him. He turns to Luke "Puke who's your little friend?"

Luke rolls his eyes and looks down towards his drink "I've asked you not to call me that. Besides you've met Henry and Zach like a hundred times." And much quieter he mumbles "or is all the shit you're putting in your body eating the little bit of brain you have left."

He snaps his head over to Luke "sorry? What did you just mumble?" Luke doesn't say anything and continues to stare into his drink. "Hmm that's what I thought and I didn't mean them." He makes direct eye contact with me "I meant her."