Chapter 13

Duozhi Mountain was located on the edge of the Human Realm, and it would take nearly a day to reach Tianmian Palace with the fastest sword control. 

At dawn, there was a knock on the door outside Li Fenglan's residence. The person standing outside the door was hos master, who had just left his retreat not long ago, Ling Buyan.

With the gradual fusion of heart and soul, Li Fenglan's originally abolished spiritual roots were slowly recovering.

He knew he couldn't hide the changes in himself to Ling Buyan, so he acted preemptively before his master found out.

Li Fenglan pretended to be pleasantly surprised and said that in the past few years when Master retreated, he never gave up cultivation for a day. The originally broken spiritual vein now showed a little sign of healing.

Ling Buyan paused for a moment, then said that he will definitely try his best to help Li Fenglan recover.

At that time, Li Fenglan thought that Ling Buyan was just saying it as a formality, after all, in the memory of the original owner, Ling Buyan had always let him do his own thing.

But the reality is...

Seeing the bowl of dark brown liquid in his master's hand, Li Fenglan's heart instantly became half cold.

Master, are you serious?

In his previous life, Li Fuyue hadn't even gotten one sip of the medicine so when he opened the door and smelled the bitter taste rushing straight to his forehead, he instinctively took a big step back.

"Good medicine tastes bitter and is good for the disease." After saying this, Ling Buyan put the medicine bowl on the table and looked at his disciple with a smile.

Li Fenglan inexplicably felt that his master's smile had a murderous intent.

Smelling the smell of medicine, Cheng Huang, who was lying on the ground sleeping, wrinkled his nose, and then rolled towards the window.

"Why? Do you mind it being bitter?" Seeing Li Fenglan not moving for a long time, Ling Buyan suddenly asked, "Shall I get you some candied fruit?"

Candied fruit?

No, no, those things are eaten by children. In his last life, he was at least a great immortal in the cultivation world, so how could he be frightened by a bowl of medicine!

Before Ling Buyan could react, he closed his eyes and stuffed the bowl of elixir into his stomach.

Li Fenglan's movements were so fast and unrestrained that even his master was stunned.

"Cough, cough, cough..." Li Fenglan drank too eagerly. After he swallowed the medicine, the bitter taste in his throat was still hard to ignore.

At this moment, Ling Buyan suddenly stood up, patted him on the back, and conjured an oiled paper bag out of nowhere.

"Okay, I won't tease you. This medicine is really bitter, eat a candied fruit." After saying this, Ling Buyan walked away with an empty bowl as if he was worried that if he stayed here, Li Fenglan would be ashamed to eat the candied fruit.

Hearing the sound of his Master closing the door, Li Fenglan hesitated for a moment, then finally threw the candied fruit into his mouth.

He had to say, the taste was really good...

Watching Ling Buyan close the door and leave, Li Fenglan slowly sat back at the table.

He lifted the lid of the porcelain teapot on the table, only to see half a cup of medicine in the cold white porcelain pot.