sixteen (ending)

{edited}

listen to the song on the side. it's called Suicide by Rihanna.

it's the same song (and title) of Suicide. everything sort of connects in a way.

love you all and please read my note at the bottom 

___

 "Hey, Darcy, someone's asking for you at the front desk."

I looked up from my work, stuffing my pen behind my ear and my pencil through the bun in my hair. I was currently writing my next novel. After everything that had happened to me, I went to college and got my bachelors degree in Literature. I am nowa teacher at a university. During my free time, I write. I wrote two novels already and they are insanely popular. My works are all over the world. I just finished my book tour last week and now I am back in my classroom, working on my next novel to sell. 

"Who is it?" I asked, Stephen. Him and I have been going strong since after college. We had bumped into each other on one of my book tours and I guess the rest is history. I'm engaged to him and we currently work at the same college. 

"I think you would want to see this for yourself."

Gradually, I huffed. I saved the work on my computer and closed the top. I then followed Stephen to the main office where new college students check in for their dorms and get their schedules for their classes. Once I reached the door,my breathing hitched. Standing with his back faced towards me was Derek. I could never forget that jet black hair, the broad shoulders nor the tattoos littering his arms. 

I stopped outside the door, my heart beating fast. I wasn't prepared to come face to face to Derek. I am happy today. I live in a beautiful home, I have an amazing fiance and I have an outstanding job. I wasn't prepared for Derek to come back into my life nor was I prepared to talk to him. There is a part of me that will always love Derek, no matter what. He destroyed me. He took a piece of myself with him when he left me all those years ago and he didn't even realize it. But, I blame myself for everything. I let myself get too close to a guy. I let myself become dependent on a high school boy when I shouldn't have. It was my fault for getting sucked into the bad boy curse. 

"Um," I cleared my throat, not liking the way it cracked, "Hi, can I help you?"

Derek turned around and I'm pretty sure my fake smile faltered. I looked at Derek and all the feelings, all the memories, the kisses, the drunken sneak ins came back to me in a rush. The promises, the broken promises, the cheating before our wedding day, everything came back. I felt all my teenager years hit me and a few of my college years and I wasn't ready. I looked at Stephen who sat on one of the plastic chairs in the office who wouldn't make eye contact with me. He was afraid that I would go running back to Derek. He still thought he was only a rebound because I found him after I left Derek for a fourth time. He was afraid that I would dump him like I did all those years ago. I wasn't the same naive girl, I'm older and I'm more aware. 

"Darcy?" 

The way he said my name made my heart flutter, "I'm Darcy. Can I help you with something?"

Derek's smile fell, "You're Darcy Styles. I could never forget you. It's only been six years. It's me, Derek."

I frowned, trying to keep my act going. "I was Darcy Styles. I'm Darcy Lewis now, I'm married."

I showed Derek my ring hand. I wasn't married yet but the diamond on my hand was large and you would think I was married already. 

Derek's smile fell, and I could see the hurt on his face. I wasn't going to give in though, I wasn't going to go crawling back to him, again. What he did to me was uncalled for. Derek ruined me and I'll be damned if I ever leave Stephen for him again. I glanced at Stephen though, whose eyes were bugging out of his head.