Prolouge

{edited}

 tell me something i need to know

then take my breath and never let it go  

---

My Uncle Lou once told me that to be in love, you need to feel it. That to others, you get this sparkle in your eye at the mention of their name and that when you touch that one person, it's electrifying. My first real love broke my heart, into pieces. His name is Derek and all I ever wanted from him was to love me harder. He did show his love for me but not in the ways every other boy would for their special someone. 

Derek Millings was the 'bad boy' of our school and of our town. Lots of guys wanted to date me only because of my background. My father was in a boy band called One Direction, and after the tragic accident with my mom, he shut himself down and the band was gone. When I was ten, my dad and my uncles reunited and they went on a tour called On The Road Again. The tour lasted two years and lots of people came out to see them. Moms and dads that were their age all around the world had gotten tickets to see them. And since my dad is a billionaire, lots of guys only wanted to date me for one thing. Money and, well sex too because they're hormonal teenagers.

But Derek was different. He didn't care what kind of money I had and who my father really was. I mean when you hear the name Darcy Styles, you automatically connect that to Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and One Direction. But with Derek, he hated people who had money and who had a loving family and a nice sized home. He hated me too, for a very long time. I remember in the second grade when my Aunt Danielle had done my hair in two perfect pig tails and he kept tugging on them. Derek was an asshole to say the least. Maybe that's why I fell for him; for his bad boy ways. Or maybe he only let me fall in love with him so he could destroy me and everything he hated about my life. 

Anyway, when Derek and I were paired as partners in our chemistry class, I got to know him more. He never wanted to go over my house so we went to his house which was in a one story home and at the edge of town. He lived where the 'poor' people lived, but that didn't bother me. Behind his black shaggy hair, piercings, tattoos, and all black clothes with ripped skinny jeans, he was just a boy who wanted to keep food on the table for his mom and little sister. And so of course I fell in love with him.

With Derek, he didn't hold open doors for me, he didn't take me to five star restaurants and he didn't buy me extraordinary gifts but I still felt that spark between us. Derek wouldn't care if the door slammed in my face and he would take me to McDonald's for a date and he would buy me a pencil as my extraordinary gift (he really did buy me a pencil for Valentine's Day). Derek was different and I loved him. But he didn't love me enough to fight to keep me. When my dad found out we were dating, Derek gave up and broke it off with me saying I was too good for him. How could I be too good for him if we were perfect for each other?

All I ever wanted was for Derek to love me harder, to fight to keep me and to prove that spark Uncle Lou always talked about was true and real and beautiful. So when Derek came sneaking into my room late at night for a whole month drunk off his ass, I realized I loved him harder than I should because to him; I was just some little rich white girl. 

But I intended to prove to Derek and to my father that we belonged together because without Derek, I was nothing and without me, he was lost in the abyss of his thoughts and insecurities. 

_____

hi hi hi

this is really slow and really really boring but I just needed some kind of small back story on Derek and Darcy (ship name will be hard lol) and I need to let you guys know why he comes into her room drunk. 

this story was an impromptu type of thing though 

first chapter will be posted soon. :)

Song of Chapter: Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande