four

{Edited - also, Darcy at the top)

i'm so perplexed

with just one breath, i'm locked in

___

I woke up to a pounding headache. The room smelt faintly of pine and cotton. I sat up too quickly, seeing as the room began to spin around in circles. I placed my cold hand onto my forehead and moaned. My head hurt so bad but the coldness felt pretty good. Looking around, I knew I wasn't in LJ's room and I instantly knew that I probably did something really bad last night. Looking next to me, there was no one laying there and as I looked under the covers, I noticed that I wasn't fully dressed. My dress was in a heap on the floor and I was only in my bra and underwear. Hearing footsteps approaching the door, I quickly wrapped the covers around my body and hid under them, pretending that I was still sleeping.

I heard chuckling from behind me, "Come on Darce, I know you well enough to know that you are awake." 

Peeking my head out form the covers, I saw Stephen staring at me. He's the captain of our football team here at school so why would I be in his bedroom? What the fuck did I do last night?

"Did we do anything last night?" I asked, stuttering over my words. I made sure the blankets covered every inch of my body.

Stephen chuckled, "No, I couldn't take advantage of you like that. I may be a douche bag but I do respect the wishes of women even if they say the opposite. I know consent and I know when there isn't. Last night, however, there was no sober consent"

I gave him a weird look, "Thank you, for being a gentleman but what are you talking about? What happened last night? All I remember is downing to many blue drinks."

Stephen came into his room fully and sat on the edge of his bed, "You're in love with Derek. Don't give me that look, everybody can see it. Last night you were dancing with me at the club and I asked if you wanted to go home with me. I didn't know how drunk you were until we got back here though because if I did I would have left you with Luke. Anyway, before we were leaving, Derek came up to me and tried to take you away but you insisted that you wanted to go home with me. The look on his face was priceless. I didn't know someone like Derek could actually love someone. But what can I say? You are such a lovable person.

"Anyway, when we got back here, you were already stripping out of your clothes and trying to kiss me but when I smelled the alcohol on your breath, I knew it was the drinks influencing your mind because if you were sober you wouldn't want to have sex with me ever again. Plus, you didn't even know who I was first. Which hurt since I'm the one you lost your virginity too. So, when you tried to jump my bones, I also figured it out that you just wanted to hurt Derek. I don't know what he did to you but you were really trying to have sex with me. I knew in the morning you would regret it so I simply put you to bed and slept in the guest bedroom. Don't give me that look. I do have a heart you know. I'm only this player boy because my heart got broken by you."

My brain was still trying to catch up with everything he had just said, "What are you talking about? I didn't break your heart."

Stephen smiled, a sad smile that barely reached his eyes. There was a distant look in his eyes like he was trying to remember something, "Yes, you did. We were the best of friends, you know. I could never forget that. I actually fell in love with you, Darce. And when you came to me that night saying you wanted to be 'deflowered' I would be stupid to not say yes. So when I woke up in the morning to you already gone, I felt betrayed and hurt. You broke my heart into pieces and I hate to admit it but I am still in love with you. Your the girl that caused my heart to become cold."