one

{edited}

 but there's nothing to be afraid of

even when the night changes

it will never change me and you  

---

"Darcy? Darcy are you awake yet?" 

I rolled over, slowly opening my eyes and looking at the clock. 7:18. Who in the world is waking me up this early in the morning on winter break?

"Darcy!"

I mumbled something into my pillow, finally sitting upright. I could feel the dryness in my mouth and the craziness of my hair. I pushed my curly hair out of my face and behind my ears. 

"I'm awake!" I yelled at my door, stretching my arms. I pulled the covers off my body and jumped out of bed, walking into my bathroom to get ready for the day. Today was Christmas Eve and Uncle Lou's birthday. Today he would be 43 years old. Talk about being old. I'm only eighteen but I wasn't the youngest in our big family. Today we would have a small party for Uncle Louis and then have a Christmas Eve dinner with everyone. Aunt Danielle and Aunt El were going to be cooking all day but that's fine by me because I live for their cooking. 

After getting dressed in a black dress with red pumps and letting my natural curls fall down my back, which I got from my dad, I made my way downstairs, the smell of breakfast filling my nostrils. 

"So happy to finally see you awake," My dad said, flipping the bacon and pancakes around in the pans. My dad is Harry Styles and was in  a huge boy band with my uncles called One Direction. My dad has brown curly hair and tattoos littering his body. He still wore his silver wedding band on his left hand even though my mom wasn't here with us anymore. Eighteen years later and he was still recovering from her death. I don't think he will ever get over her. He hasn't dated once anyone since the accident and I kind of wished he would move on, be happy for a change. 

"Darcy!"

Shaking my head out of my thoughts, I looked at my dad, "What?"

He chuckled, "I have been calling your name for what seems like forever now. I wanted to tell you that I woke you up this early because your boyfriend, Derek, stopped by and told me to tell you to meet him at the docks in an hour."

My dad said the whole sentence with distaste in his mouth. He hated Derek since the moment he met him. Derek was your typical bad boy. He had tattoos all up and down his arms and he wore ripped skinny jeans and black clothes all the time. He had a lip piercing in his lip and he was the definition of sexy. Dad just found out that I am dating him and he isn't too happy about it. He yelled at me and he yelled at Derek for not being good enough for me but I wasn't going to listen to him because I love Derek, though we haven't said it to each other yet. It's sort of ironic that my dad hates him. When dad was in the band, they always wore black skinny jeans and had the bad boy look going for them. Their best friends were in a band too, once upon a time, and dressed like they were in a punk rock band. 

"Well, since you're finished your breakfast I guess you can go now. Be safe though because the streets may be slippery. It's snowing outside and I don't want you to get into an accident."

I smiled, "I will, dad. I love you."

He smiled, "I love you more."

***

After parking my truck in a parking space, I got out of the truck. Feeling the cold air slap me in the face, I pulled my hat down further on my head, pulled my jacket tighter around my body and put my gloves on. My heels made clicking noises against the pavement as I walked down to the docks were people usually go fishing in the summer. When I spotted Derek's shaggy hair ahead of me, a smile broke out on my face.