Chapter 54: Pain!

Anuj's pov,

Anuj: your Divya?

I asked while little anger built in me when he addressed Divya as his.

Varun: yes, we really love each other. Please leave her.

I looked at him confusedly.

Anuj: she loves you?

Varun: yes!

He replied confidently while my soul left my body at the thought Divya loving someone else.

Aahan: what proof you have and who are you?

He asked coldly.

Varun: I'm Varun, Divya's only friend and ex-boyfriend. We had to broke up because her dad fixed her marriage with you.

I looked at him blankly.

Varun: do you ever wonder maybe she loves someone else that's why she push you away.

And at this point I knew my life messed up.

Anuj: how do you know she push me away?

Varun: I know everything, she thought if she push you away you will leave her. But now she is sacrificing herself under your kindness. Because she doesn't want to hurt you but her happiness is not you.

I looked down because it feel real. If we carefully observe her behaviour then his words make sense.

Aahan: how can we believe that your telling truth?

Varun: you know Divya!

He said looking at me, I know Divya.

Varun: She sacrifices her happiness for someone else. And if you still can't trust me you can investigate, we studied together.

Anuj: you can leave now!

I said and he looked at me, soon he left. I sat on sofa in shock, Aahan sat beside me.

Aahan: heyy, are you okay?

Anuj: I don't know, I don't understand anything.

Aahan: take time!

At home:

Aahan's pov,

I came home which I didn't want because without Radhika this house doesn't feel home anymore. But mom, she is still holding the last string attached to this house which make this house home. It's around one am and Anuj is with me with same long face. Honestly I don't my feel my pain anymore because I'm more worried about him. We both enter inside but to our surprise everyone was present there. As soon we enter Anuj eyes directly met with Divya but he immediately looked away.

Mamta: Aahan, did I ever do any partiality between you and Anuj?

Aunty asked me while walking towards me.

Aahan: no aunty, why are you asking?

Mamta: such a big deal happened and you didn't tell me?

I looked at her, everyone got to know I guess.

Aahan: I don't want to stress you aunty, two days back you lost your mom.

I said looking down.

Mamta: but my kids need more, don't they?

She looked at Anuj, I don't know how but a mother always got to know when their kid was in pain. Like she knew something was off with Anuj just by looking at him. We both hugged her while she patted our back.

Anuj: mom, I will stay with Aahan today.

She nodded and after little discussion everyone went back. I and Anuj came to terrace for fresh air, seriously silence doesn't suit Anuj.