Chapter 13

September 2013

Robbie's POV:

Its been a month since Lola has been in a coma and I have hardly left her side, nearly every day I stay at beside her hospital bed and the only times I leave her is at night time and to have a shower. Six form starts for us next week, well for me it will I'm not to sure if Lola will be awake by then but I hope so.

I am sat beside her hospital bed as she is lying there peacefully perfect as always this is the most quiet I have seen her and I miss hearing her voice all the time. I hear the door open and see Myra walk in, "hi Robbie love how are you holding up?" She asked me, Myra, Mercedes and the rest of the McQueens have been visiting her frequently but they have been trying to sort things with Browning since he has been let out on bail for what he did to Lola.
"Yeah has the doctors gave you any news yet?" I asked, "yeah, it's good news they said that she has improved massively they are gonna take her out of the coma today" she smiles, which makes me smile too. I look back at Lola and for the first time since she has been in the coma I feel relief and I can't wait to see her big beautiful eyes again.

Lola's POV:

I flutter my eyes open to see I'm in a hospital bed with tubes in my nose and my body, I look to see Robbie and my mum at both sides of me,
"What's going on?" I say confused with a hint of raspiness from the strain of my voice box due to being strangled. "Shh it's ok Lola everything is ok" my mum reassures me, I look over to Robbie "you stayed with me?" I asked,
"Yeah I hardly ever left your side" he smiles softly, which makes me smile. "Thank you" I whisper, "it's ok I'm just happy your safe and sound now" he says has he gently holds my hand. "Where is Browning?" I ask, "he's out on bail he got arrested for attempting to kill you but he got Jim to get him out so he is free at the moment" Robbie tells me, my mum then speaks up"Lola there is something I need to tell you, I have already told Mercy, Carmel and Theresa but I had to wait until you was awake before I tell anyone else" "mum what is it?" I ask with confusion,
"Robbie could leave us for a few minutes love if that's ok" My mum asks him, "yeah that's alright I'll leave ya both to it" he said and leaves the room. "I have to leave the country, Browning is after me and if I don't get out the country he said he will kill me and the rest of us because of something to do with Jacqui and Trevor" she explained. "What why are they coming after you though?" I raise my eyebrow, "because I know something about him that would get him put away forever..." she says.
"Mum I know..." I tell her. "Know what?" She asks. "About Lynsey Nolan, that's why he attacked me" I continue, "I can't put you all in any more danger Lola I'm so sorry" she says as she gets emotional, "I need you mum" a tear falls down my cheek. "I'm sorry Love but I have to do this to protect you all" she says as she cries a little, "when are you leaving?" I ask her, "now" she says in a guilty tone. "I will miss you so much Lola I will talk to you all every day I promise you" she continued and hugged me. "Goodbye mum I will miss you" I say as I sobbed into her shoulder. "Goodbye Lola" she says as she walks over to the door and waves, I wave weakly back. As she leaves the room for the last time I quietly sob, and the door opens again, I look up to see Robbie in the doorway.
"Lola are you ok?" He asked sympathetically, I wipe my eyes and nod "I'll be ok, it's not like she will be gone forever" I say, not wanting to make him worry.

A few hours later, I have been catching up with Robbie with what's been happening in the village since I have been in a coma and a lot happened, such as my sister Carmel getting engaged to Lawyer Jim McGinn and drama with Sienna and Nancy. "I bet it's been boring without me talking non stop" I smile at him teasingly, "it's been a relief I finally have time to think without you chatting my ear off" he teases, "oi" I laugh and nudge him playfully, "nice to see you have your sense of humour still" he smiles, "Browning would have to try a lot harder than that to take that away from me" I smile, trying to make light of the situation even though it left me with trauma.
I hear the door open again and Mercedes, Carmel and John Paul are standing there
"Hi it's about time you show up" I say jokingly but by the looks on their faces they don't have the time for jokes, "I'll leave you guys to it" Robbie says as he leaves the room. "We have some news Lola..." Carmel says in a sad tone,
"What is it?" I ask. "It's about mum" John Paul says as he tilts his head down, "you're scaring me" I say feeling anxious. Mercedes  "she's dead..."