Yandere Fox Girl

Once again themed girls

(Y/n) POV

I fill up my canteen with water and drink it and rub my hands together trying to get some warmth. I was with a wandering caravan and had taken a small stop at an abandoned human settlement.

Humans had abandoned the area in response to the surge of Demi humans and due to dwindling results humans had finally moved out and 2 years ago is when the last settlement had left. Me I was just a hired gun to help transport some important cargo. I was never told of what it was but hey they paid me and it was to much for my pay grade to know about.

While taking the sights I hear rustling and look to the side with my rifle raised up as I felt a sensation in the back of my head that I shoved aside.

??: "Yo (Y/n)! You good?"

I turn to see Roxy waving me over having to come check up on me by the others.

"Yeah...yeah I'm fine I just saw something. Probably an animal."

I return to the caravan seeing everyone boisterously laughing and telling story's for the nineteenth time.

Roxy: "Say (Y/n). Aren't you a little young to be part of this?"

"I'm only nineteen. But yea I am. My mom died early on when I was a kid so I can't remember her face and my dad did everything he could to support me that is until he got sick from an accident and eventually died when I was 16."

Roxy: "Damn. My old man kicked the bucket when I was eleven. Man up there adopted me when I was just five years old. Been part of caravans for as long as I can remember but this is going to be my last one and I'll settle down. Why don't you settle with me? We can start up a business."

I smile and she offers a reassuring smile and pats my back and gets up to go leave to join the others as I stay back cleaning my rifle.

??: "Ooo~ how charming~"

I look up looking around for the voice but realize it came from inside of my head...

??: "My my you are different from the rest of the humans. So much sadness, so much missing affection, so noticeable~ they'll find you~ and when they do~ they eat it away~"

Just as quick as it came the voice left as I felt my heart pounding in my head and eventually just decided to call it a night sleeping in the tent with that voice still lingering in my head.

Morning

We all were eating breakfast which was just some scrambled eggs and milk as we were gonna start moving out soon.

Leader: "Alright grubbers. Listen up we have a slight problem. Scouts have confirmed there's a threshold here. But it's only during the full moon which happens latter tonight."

Roxy: "Threshold?"

"Thresholds are when the boundaries between this realm and the other overlap allowing you to freely move and enter. It is faster but does come with risks."

Roxy: "What risks?"

"Well if your in the other realm and you don't get out well...you better hope you live to the next overlap."

Roxy: "What's inside the overlap?"

"Well that's where Demi's or more accurately the tricksters live in and the more violent ones. They use their powers to blend in with humans and cause unpredictable mischief. When the moon ends they return to their realm to wait for the overlap to resume causing mischief."

Roxy: "You believe that?"

"Well a little."

Roxy: "I mean if these Demi's really came out during full moons then why not make their presence more noticeable? And how did people know about them?"