sick day - tmnt

little: leo

cg: donnie

TW: throwing up and just being sick ing gneral 

Donnie's POV:

Leo is sick and regressed. The worst combination, if you ask me. And what makes it worse? Leo is regressed to 1.

He is currently sobbing, having just gotten out of the bath, and while I was walking him back to his room, he threw up all over himself again.

"Hey buddy, it's okay," I say, rubbing his shell.

"Nu, I feels yucky."

"I know, buddy, I know. Let me get you some medication for your tummy." Before I can get up again, Leo is dry heaving and throws up.

"Hang in there, Leo," I say softly, trying to keep my voice calm. "We're going to get you cleaned up again, okay?" I gently scoop him up, careful to support his head and shell, and head back to the bathroom. I can feel his little body trembling in my arms, and it breaks my heart to see him like this.

Once we're back in the bathroom, I carefully rinse him off, making sure the water is warm enough to keep him comfortable but not too hot to irritate his sensitive skin. Leo clings to me, his tiny hands gripping my arm with surprising strength for someone so small and weak.

"Donnie, no more baf," he whimpers.

"I know, Leo, I know. Just a quick rinse, and then we'll get you back to bed, I promise." I keep my movements gentle and steady, trying to soothe him as much as I can. After a few minutes, he's clean again, and I wrap him in a soft towel, holding him close.

Back in his room, I lay him down on his bed and pull the covers up to his chin. His eyes are already drooping, and I can tell he's exhausted. I grab the medication from the bedside table and measure out a small dose, hoping it will help settle his stomach.

"Here you go, Leo," I say, holding the spoon to his lips. "Just a little bit of medicine, and then you can sleep."

He takes it without much fuss, too tired to resist. I sit with him for a while, stroking his shell and humming softly. Gradually, his breathing evens out, and he falls into a fitful sleep.

I stay with him for a few more minutes, just watching him breathe. When I'm sure he's settled, I quietly get up and head to the door, leaving it slightly ajar in case he needs me during the night. As I step out, I take a deep breath, trying to shake off the worry that's settled in my chest.

Taking a moment to gather my thoughts, I head to the kitchen to clean up the mess and prepare for the next round of care. I know it's going to be a long night, but I'll do whatever it takes to make sure Leo gets through this. He's my brother, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for him.