Chapter 7

The main guy loaded a bullet and opened his mouth to speak, but I kicked my leg up, effectively knocking the gun out of his hand.

He looked at me in shock before gripping my neck in his hands. I struggled against his grip and the chains, before kneeing him down south. He doubled over groaning before the other two pulled their guns at their distance away.

I held my breath and squeezed my eyes closed, waiting for the bullets, but instead got a door knocked to the ground.

I opened my eyes at the sound of pistols being shot and bodies hitting the ground. I found the two men who previously aimed their guns at me, on the floor with bullet holes in their heads.

"Ellie!" A familiar voice called, and in rushed Kenneth.

He came up in front of me, taking my face in his hands and looking over my injuries. "Im so sorry. I shouldn't have left the room. I should have stayed downstairs and kept you in close range. I shouldn't have left you. This so all my fault. You probably would have been safer away from me. I shouldn't have-" I cut him off by clearing my throat.

"You done?" I asked, a small smile on my face, hoping it will help calm him down a little.

"Yes, let's get you out of here." he took the keys one if the men with him handed to him and unlocked my chains.

I didn't realize how much I used them to support me, until they were gone. Kenneth noticed and lifted me, preparing to leave when I stopped him. "Kenneth we can't leave!"

"Why not? What's wrong?" He asked, looking me over again.

"You have to free Adrian too." I said, pointing to the man who helped me make it this long.

"Adrian?!" Kenneth asked, turning to the cage, where Adrian was smirking.

Adrian winked at me. "At least your little lady remembered me." he mocked. "Thanks Ellie."

"You're very welcome, Adrian." I laughed, resting my head on Kenneth's shoulder.

Kenneth's men freed Adrian and we walked out of the place I was kept. When we walked though the door, Kenneth had one of his men drape their hoodie over my head and shoulders.

"Kenneth I'm not a child." I told him.

"I'd prefer if you didn't see how we got in there, Els. Just please, sit still until I pull it off of you." he explained. "For me."

I sighed and even closed my eyes for him. A few minutes later, I heard a car door open and close, before the jacket was removed from over me, revealing a sad looking Kenneth.

I took his face in my hands and smiled at him. "I'm safe now." I told him.

He shook his head. "The leader and a few if his top men escaped. They're still out there and after you." he whispered as one of the men drove us away.

"Yeah, but you've got me and your boys to help protect your Princess, Prince Charming." Adrian grinned from the passenger seat.

I giggled and nodded, getting Kenneth's attention immediately. "See? So relax and just hold me. You'll feel better by the time we get home." I said, laying my head down.

"Home?" He asked.

"Well, your parent's house. But you know what I mean." I laughed, hitting his chest playfully.

He grinned down at me. "I do."

Adrian rolled his eyes and turned forward, muttering, "Lovebirds."

**********

I woke to find Kenneth in bed beside me and us back home, in his room. Not wanting to check the time, since it was dark, I decided to just go back to sleep.